Lets come together and help our fellow Reefer out

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Hey Guys,
For those who do not know Dave, [MENTION=824]o2manyfish[/MENTION], he is a great and generous guy that has done so much for the reefing community out here in SoCal. For those who have been around long enough will remember him opening his doors to hundreds of complete strangers back in the early 2000's for his famous backyard frag swaps. This just shows the type of person Dave is.

I recently learned about his reef tragedy where he lost a ton of his fish family members. I know we can't replace his 15+ year old fish but we can definitely help him with the burden of restocking his amazing reef.

Here is his video summarizing what happened
https://youtu.be/Gv4xZk5MMVQ

So I wanted to start a small drive to help Dave restock his reef. Any members that sign up for supporter between now and July 21, all proceeds will go straight to Dave. Dave takes good care of his livestock so we know new fish will be going to a great home.

Mike,

Thank you for the very kind words and such a wonderful gesture.

This hobby has it's up and and it's downs. For those of us who have been in it for more than 5 years, we have all been thru some heart wrenching.

I appreciate the generous offer to start a fund.

While this has been a devastating blow, it's also something that comes with being in the hobby. My wife and I are fortunate enough that we can restock our tank, and not have to worry about paying college tuition fees. And from the collection we lost, it's not about replacing some of these fish, its about finding them and getting them to thrive in captivity.

In the last 6 months our collection had Spawning Golden Angels, Spawn Bellus Angels, Spawning Flameback Angels, Spawning Damsels, Spawning Clowns, Spawning Lawnmower Blennies, Spawning Bangai, Spawning Frimandi, Spawning Mandarins, Spawning Target Mandarins and Spawning Red Scooter Blennies.

The help I need is helping keep more people in this hobby - Paying it Forward. More Free Frags, More Frag banks, More Back Yard Frag Swaps and More people fragging corals not to try to recoup the price tag, but to let others enjoy the beauty of the gem they found.

Now I'm not stupid enough if someone had a harem of Joculators or Interruptus that they didn't want anymore to say, No. Or if PCIScott decided to give me a pair of Peppermint Angels so we can see what they look like in the sunlight.

But anyone that has enjoyed my generosity in the past, rather than trying to pay that back to my wife and I, please pay it forward to someone to help them get into the hobby or stay in the hobby. I'm an addict, I will always find a way to bounce back. But getting kids to put down their ipads and start watching clown fish - Those are the hobbyists we need to help ;)

Thank you again very much for the kind offer,

Dave B

PS -- Scott let me know what time you want to drop off the pair of Peppermints :)

d-man

Dave, I have a 3.5" bandit angel that I'm not going to put in my tank if you're interested in it. Definitely not retail price, but still an expensive fish

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Mike,

Thank you for the very kind words and such a wonderful gesture.

This hobby has it's up and and it's downs. For those of us who have been in it for more than 5 years, we have all been thru some heart wrenching.

I appreciate the generous offer to start a fund.

While this has been a devastating blow, it's also something that comes with being in the hobby. My wife and I are fortunate enough that we can restock our tank, and not have to worry about paying college tuition fees. And from the collection we lost, it's not about replacing some of these fish, its about finding them and getting them to thrive in captivity.

In the last 6 months our collection had Spawning Golden Angels, Spawn Bellus Angels, Spawning Flameback Angels, Spawning Damsels, Spawning Clowns, Spawning Lawnmower Blennies, Spawning Bangai, Spawning Frimandi, Spawning Mandarins, Spawning Target Mandarins and Spawning Red Scooter Blennies.

The help I need is helping keep more people in this hobby - Paying it Forward. More Free Frags, More Frag banks, More Back Yard Frag Swaps and More people fragging corals not to try to recoup the price tag, but to let others enjoy the beauty of the gem they found.

Now I'm not stupid enough if someone had a harem of Joculators or Interruptus that they didn't want anymore to say, No. Or if PCIScott decided to give me a pair of Peppermint Angels so we can see what they look like in the sunlight.

But anyone that has enjoyed my generosity in the past, rather than trying to pay that back to my wife and I, please pay it forward to someone to help them get into the hobby or stay in the hobby. I'm an addict, I will always find a way to bounce back. But getting kids to put down their ipads and start watching clown fish - Those are the hobbyists we need to help ;)

Thank you again very much for the kind offer,

Dave B

PS -- Scott let me know what time you want to drop off the pair of Peppermints :)
Dave I can't agree with you more. We need more people in the hobby yet the hobby just keeps getting more expensive

Latest posts