Korallin Bio-Tower Mod, just asking for any Input Before Further Design

So Currently, Getting Seeded with Bacteria and Bio-Loading.

Currently measuring twice, re-designing three times and back n forth.

Running Some Salinity Tests in mean time also with Chaeto.

Simple Start High Velocity Airflow to Create Water Movement and Increasing Gas exchanges
On Original Modded Design:
"Korallin Modded Bio-Tower"
I Raised the Bottom of Bio-Tower 3-4", Ran A Piece of Round Filter Element. Then Packed on the Crushed Coral 2/3 Run Vertical, Another Circular Filter Element.... Then Pure Water to Top With Chaeto Tumbling. The Stock intake and exhaust are about 3/8"... So first fab to plumbing was 1/2", yet didn't work best..

So Changing Intake/Exhaust process of changing plumbing and type of PVC used to 3/4.

But as I dazed off Today, kept thinking..Not Content with overall design, ability to do so much more with raw materials and design itself..

So Started Improving Design, thought about how its technically designed as Updraft Style Flow through Unit...

Then Thought About original design almost like deep sand bed with Plenum... Original Design was supposed to create more plenum style yet only would work if I tapped bottom. And Tried to Section Bottom off slightly different..

Which got me yo think of how the exhaust on top could be T-d and one back to system while other recirculates back down and updrafts as well...Been working out the Ball Valves, Reductions for added Head Pressure Return, alleviating Back Pressure within Unit..

Any Thoughts?
Also thinking about Running Dedicated Airlines into Tower: Added Turbulence, Ability to Service with more flow and possible Ozone use before my Carbon Reactor Built...
Anything?

Pic 1- Seeding Bacteria and Bio-Load. Simple Start Design and Chaeto Salinity Test.
Pic 2- Updraft and Re-Circulatory Updraft Design.
Pic 3- Re-Circulatory Updraft Design of Reduction Plumbing to Increase Exhaust Head Pressure and Relieve Internal Back Pressure.
Pic 4- Basic Flowchart of Mod Design.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

1st Pic- Placement
2nd Pic- Planned Locations after Finalized Plumbing
3rd Pic- Seeding/Bio-Load/Chaeto Salinity Testing in Tower Design and Drip Oxygenating Top Off Cylinder.
4th Pic- System Valved Drip line for Filling Hydrometer/Test Vials/Bag Drip Acclimations..etc..

Yes a canister is a combined reactor with many different types of filtration, but can't control rate as easily.

Need to valve slightly, so small percentage of Back-Pressure isn't slowing canister itself.

Instead let the excess pressure push through your reactor for more contact time, slower turnover rate and less heat created from canister.

In my design, I am keeping Back-Pressure to Zero; thus increasing available head pressure.

By Creating some resistance with Gravity and Reactor Media inside reactor, helps with dissfusing extra rating of canister without heating water. Will be able to tune turnover rate to my systems desired levels.

If I need more contact time, I too am T-ing off exhaust and re-circulating back into Bio-Tower.

So Currently, Getting Seeded with Bacteria and Bio-Loading.

Currently measuring twice, re-designing three times and back n forth.

Running Some Salinity Tests in mean time also with Chaeto.

Simple Start High Velocity Airflow to Create Water Movement and Increasing Gas exchanges
On Original Modded Design:
"Korallin Modded Bio-Tower"
I Raised the Bottom of Bio-Tower 3-4", Ran A Piece of Round Filter Element. Then Packed on the Crushed Coral 2/3 Run Vertical, Another Circular Filter Element.... Then Pure Water to Top With Chaeto Tumbling. The Stock intake and exhaust are about 3/8"... So first fab to plumbing was 1/2", yet didn't work best..

So Changing Intake/Exhaust process of changing plumbing and type of PVC used to 3/4.

But as I dazed off Today, kept thinking..Not Content with overall design, ability to do so much more with raw materials and design itself..

So Started Improving Design, thought about how its technically designed as Updraft Style Flow through Unit...

Then Thought About original design almost like deep sand bed with Plenum... Original Design was supposed to create more plenum style yet only would work if I tapped bottom. And Tried to Section Bottom off slightly different..

Which got me yo think of how the exhaust on top could be T-d and one back to system while other recirculates back down and updrafts as well...Been working out the Ball Valves, Reductions for added Head Pressure Return, alleviating Back Pressure within Unit..

Any Thoughts?
Also thinking about Running Dedicated Airlines into Tower: Added Turbulence, Ability to Service with more flow and possible Ozone use before my Carbon Reactor Built...
Anything?

Pic 1- Seeding Bacteria and Bio-Load. Simple Start Design and Chaeto Salinity Test.
Pic 2- Updraft and Re-Circulatory Updraft Design.
Pic 3- Re-Circulatory Updraft Design of Reduction Plumbing to Increase Exhaust Head Pressure and Relieve Internal Back Pressure.
Pic 4- Basic Flowchart of Mod Design.

While I'm not building a reactor like yours, I am working on a DIY Spongeless GFO/Carbon Reactor Cartridge. I was wondering what piece you used for the base of your reactor.

Original reason for funnel and bottom Ball Valve to Left, Create a Plenum from a DSB...
But Revision to a Re-Circulatory Style Updraft Plumbing Setup.

You know the Miracle Water untouched by stirring or oxygen in a Deep Sand Bed, and the wonderful qualities it has.

The Valve would be to Harvest this area from Time to Time.

But the Re-Circulatory hose in picture would be extended up past the funnel line...if it is lower than funnel line, typically don't wanna open up Re-Circulatory Ball Valve unless Maintencing Reactor...

Latest posts