World Wide Corals Bumblebee Piebold Tang - color morph prgression

I acquired a piebold (koi) tang named Bumblebee from World Wide Corals in early 2017. I am tracking his color morph progression here. Here is a picture from a Reef Builders article on November 4, 2016 bumblebee in reefbuilders 1.jpg

What's going on with it Dennis? I know your acros don't get treated like that :/

As far as color morphs, that is natural that these types of tangs change color over time. He is getting even whiter in his face now and his black/brown blotches are fading a bit more (I hope they don't disappear completely). Casper at WWC has changed color many times. As far as his fins, he is not being mistreated in any way in the tank. He is the largest fish and no one is picking on him. I have noticed that yellow variant Scopas Tangs seem to have a tendancy for their fins to be easily damaged, possibly from darting in and out of rockwork or other chasing or being chased by other fish (although in the case, Bumblebee would be doing the chasing as he is king of his tank). I have another yellow Scopas tang (Banana Tang, not Koi) who sustained some damage to his fins by chasing other fish in the tank and it has taken a long time for the tear to heal. I can assure you that Bumblebee is not being mistreated in any way. You are welcome to come by and see him if you would like to do so.

Latest posts