Now here's a D.C. pump I could see myself using.

https://reefbuilders.com/2017/07/17/sicces-forthcoming-smart-pumps-will-have-net-connected-features/

I am a huge fan of Italian made AC pumps, Specifically Askoll and Sicce. I currently run a Fluval Sea SP6 (Askoll motor) as my main return pump, and an Askoll ATB pump on my skimmer. For any reactors I always run sicce pumps. Everyone seems to be caught up with the D.C. pump hype, which I don't understand because most are junk. Most D.C. pumps are made in China, and typically are not reliable. Excluding only 2, Royal Exclusive and Abyzz. Only problem is those 2 brands are extremely expensive. ($600-$1500+).
For those of you looking to upgrade to a D.C. pump, keep an eye out for these pumps. Price point looks like it will be in the $250-$350 range, depending on size. For a dc pump, from a proven manufacturer, these should be big sellers!!!

They have been advertising this for close to a year now. The pre orders were supposed to have been available to the california coast in May, but they have yet to deliver

I have been working since the "release date" to procure a couple, but their west and east coast distributors have yet to be given any official release information.

Yeah, sicce has too much pride to consider meeting deadlines by outsourcing anything they have a factory capable of building in house ;)

This will be an amazing product once it comes out. I already have the money set aside for the 6.

I was looking for a DC pump for a while. Just couldn't pull the trigger for an Abyzz or RE. Hence the Apex COR are close to release (or maybe not close as they already delay this COR for a year more...) I am still holding my breath not to bit the bullet for the new Sicce SDC, even their price point is sweet and they listed all Italian made! But is is also hard to find a review now. Seems like all the internet are frenzy about reef octopus varios... well it is still a China made motor block in my opinion...

Latest posts