Di resin with High TDS ?

Is this possible that DI resin make the TDS higher than RO?

I got color changing DI resin installed and thought that will taken care of my TDS problem.
I found my TDS meter and tested it. The water RO is 23 TDS, but going through DI resin the TDS comes out 49.
Change all RO filter and RO is 3TDS, but going through that DI resin again, it comes out 49 still. The DI didn't show exhausted (the blue color still there).

My question is . How can DI resin doesnt change color with high TDS?

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Did u get any contamination inside the housing

JDEllis

Owner @ Ellis Aquatics
Supporter
If it is a unit that has a manual or auto flush, the tds can read high while flushing on certain units depending how it is plumbed.

Sounds like your DI is exhausted. Don't trust the color changing, I have an inline tds meter and can monitor the tds before RO, after RO, and after DI. This way I can keep track of when my RO membrane needs to be changed, and when my DI is exhausted. When my tds hits 1, I change it.

Are you sure you aren't running the waste water back into the DI? Is everything hooked up correctly?
No, didn't change anything except DI.
Did u get any contamination inside the housing
Didn't see much inside housing bro.
If it is a unit that has a manual or auto flush, the tds can read high while flushing on certain units depending how it is plumbed.
Manual Flush. I did flush everytime I use the unit. I thought it was the pressure problem (original 55 PSI) so I installed Aquaticlife Smart Booster Pump to bring up to 85 PSI. Still got high TDS so I ruled out Pressure Problem.
Sounds like your DI is exhausted. Don't trust the color changing, I have an inline tds meter and can monitor the tds before RO, after RO, and after DI. This way I can keep track of when my RO membrane needs to be changed, and when my DI is exhausted. When my tds hits 1, I change it.
I think I should do it. I am bad with dual inline TDS, somehow I accidentally pull the cords too hard when I changed filter and broke them. I use Handheld one.

I changed out new DI resin (from different bags) and TDS goes to zero now.

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Maybe you didn't pack the di tight enough and some water channel around it

Latest posts