Phosphate

Ive been doing water changes and cleaning the detritus feeding once every other day my phosphate is at 0.64ppm i bought nopox but dont know how to use it can you guys help with this issue?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

sonubhai

Per the instructions on the bottle, use 2 ml per 25 gal of water everyday. I have a 50 gal tank and I use 4ml everyday. I have been dosing for almost a month and haven't seen any new GHA growth on powerheads and on rocks and seems like existing GHA on the rocks is slowly browning out. Also the Phosphates are staying under 0.02 using a Hanna Phosphorus Checker.

Red sea phosphate test kit color wheel when i get home ill take a pic of my hob filter media im using chemi pure blue

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
show us some pics of your set up, and do a livestock and equipment run down. that's really high if you are doing frequent WC and im assuming being mindful of feeding etc.

As a previous NoPox user, I would exhaust other options to reduce phosphate before going to it. My tank in the past I used it on essentially developed an addiction to it..any lapse in dosing would lead to an algae bloom of something weird and most often unwanted.

have you tried running GFO?...thats the fastest and easiest way to remove phosphates. depending on the size of your system and your budget, maybe you can look into an all in one media like chemipure.

Agreed with [MENTION=4608]SchnitzelReef[/MENTION]. I went from NoPoX to gfo n it's easier n keep Po4 down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so in my tank i 12 bls of live rock i got a bio protein skimmer a koralia nano 240 power head 50 watts heater and 3 clown fish a sand shifter goby 1 turbo snail and two other for got what are they a cleaner shrimp and Emerald crab a pistal shrimp for the media i have hob filter with with chemi pure blue

So i figure it out why my phosphate is high and nitrate too i cheaked my ro water with a tds meter it was at 113ppm so i have to change water