Infusoria culture for betta fry

Any betta breeders on this forum? Ive never had a planted tank, or cared for freshwater fish, but my girlfriends male has been making bubble nests for the last couple weeks and i was thinking of introducing my female. Why can i get some infusoria to start a culture? I read its pretty easy to culture but i have no clue where to get some to start off any advice you guys have about breeding bettas? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isn't infusoria just rabit food in water...? and it rotts or something..??

i used to feed mine freshly hatched brine shrimp... easy to find, no biggie....

I thought it was something similar to pods or phyto, but now im reading you can let lettuce water out in the sun and it will appear. Maybe im overthinking it because I expected it to be complicated like reefs tanks lol

It is easy to make, but it takes a while.

I just put a bunch of all my foods in aquarium water (freshwater) and then let it sit under the same light i raise my daphnia in (which i feed it to) for a couple of weeks and add more food and water to from time to time.

I do not personally recommend raising bettas unless you have an outlet for them.

It is a cool experience, but just so you know, at a certain age, female bettas will not breed. The younger they are, the easier.

Latest posts