Name
    gumbii garcia
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

ugh, i answered in the other thread....

Quote Originally Posted by lurking View Post
    I like to think of it as you were loving on my pipes rather than working on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    Hey man, as long as there aint no funky tongue action, I'm cool with it, LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greaser9999 View Post
    Please do not send me nudes of u & Noah together

Together We Are An Ocean
    Name
    EAD
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

zzzzzzzzzz
    Follow me on instagram @SmartChoiceReef

Contributing Member
    Name
    Orbel
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Garden Question for Gumbii

@gumbii do you have experience growing bonsai trees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

send nudes
    Name
    gumbii garcia
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orbela View Post
    @gumbii do you have experience growing bonsai trees?

no... i've been pretty fail at them because of the watering... one thing i've learned 'bout container gardening is it's ALL about the soil... that said... bonsai need very VERY airy and soil-less soil... the masters recommend using a mix of academa, pumice or crushed lava rock, and about 15% of actual garden soil... that way you can water every day or so, and the roots will dry out in a couple of hours... but will only get nutrients through watering, not the soil... so they will stay small... crazy.. anyways, i'm not good at watering every day... even my carnivorous plants that need to be in water all day long are suffering right now... LOL... i suck at watering....

an easy route is to go with succulents instead... doing a jade tree bonsai, adenium bonsai, or even a bougainvillea bonsai is easy... you don't need special soil... right now i'm working with adeniums... because they're somewhat easy if you don't water them as much in the winter time... good starter plants for bonsai too... very forgiving and you can do a lot of stuff to them...

you can always take some classes, or join the bonsai society that meets up at the los angeles arboretum once a week... i think it's like every first monday or something...

my bad, every 3rd thursday of the month at the los angeles arboretum... all plant society meetings are during the week and after 6pm... it's crazy.... but check them out if you want tips... they also raffle and sell plants at the meetings... go check it out...

https://www.baikoenbonsai.com/

I like to think of it as you were loving on my pipes rather than working on them.

send nudes
    Name
    gumbii garcia
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

in like 2 years, you can have something like this... i'm halfway there with mines....

Contributing Member
    Name
    Orbel
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gumbii View Post
    no... i've been pretty fail at them because of the watering... one thing i've learned 'bout container gardening is it's ALL about the soil... that said... bonsai need very VERY airy and soil-less soil... the masters recommend using a mix of academa, pumice or crushed lava rock, and about 15% of actual garden soil... that way you can water every day or so, and the roots will dry out in a couple of hours... but will only get nutrients through watering, not the soil... so they will stay small... crazy.. anyways, i'm not good at watering every day... even my carnivorous plants that need to be in water all day long are suffering right now... LOL... i suck at watering....

an easy route is to go with succulents instead... doing a jade tree bonsai, adenium bonsai, or even a bougainvillea bonsai is easy... you don't need special soil... right now i'm working with adeniums... because they're somewhat easy if you don't water them as much in the winter time... good starter plants for bonsai too... very forgiving and you can do a lot of stuff to them...

you can always take some classes, or join the bonsai society that meets up at the los angeles arboretum once a week... i think it's like every first monday or something...

my bad, every 3rd thursday of the month at the los angeles arboretum... all plant society meetings are during the week and after 6pm... it's crazy.... but check them out if you want tips... they also raffle and sell plants at the meetings... go check it out...

https://www.baikoenbonsai.com/
    Thank you this was super helpful
    Thanks

8. Likes gumbii liked this post
    Contributing Member
    Name
    Orbel
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in like 2 years, you can have something like this... i'm halfway there with mines....

This looks like a tree coming from a person ***

10. Likes gumbii liked this post
    send nudes
    Name
    gumbii garcia
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

This looks like a tree coming from a person ***

LOL... yeah, they do weird things, and have a required taste...but they look great for cheap, and less time....

get something like this in 3 years...

or something like this in 7 years...

or something like this for 6 times as much and 20 years...

LMAO...

Contributing Member
    Name
    Orbel
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL... yeah, they do weird things, and have a required taste...but they look great for cheap, and less time....

get something like this in 3 years...

or something like this in 7 years...

or something like this for 6 times as much and 20 years...

LMAO...
    Are these all the same species?

send nudes
    Name
    gumbii garcia
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

Are these all the same species?

LOL, no....

the first one is adenium obesa... second might be obesum but i doubt it... probably adenium arabicum... not too sure...

that third picture looks like a juniper... i couldn't find out what it was, but i found out who made it... some dude named kimura... a master at bonsai... this is another one of his..... amazing trees...

Contributing Member
    Name
    Orbel
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They look beautiful I will look into adenmium arabicum

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im growing orange and purple Japanese maples to bonsia. Cant post pics anymore.

Its all about the roots, which take 50 years to fatten. My great grandkids better not kil them.

16. Likes gumbii liked this post
    send nudes
    Name
    gumbii garcia
    Mentioned
    575 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)

that's one fear that i have... i'm pretty sure i'm going to die very young... so i'm trying to get my kids into plants and care for them... i have two rose bushes that are meaningful to me... or us... one belonged to my mom, and another belonged to my great great grandmother... 180 years in the family... crazy... it's ugly AF, but it's important to me... no one else in my extended family cares...

that soil are you usng @rayray...?

Contributing Member
    Name
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's one fear that i have... i'm pretty sure i'm going to die very young... so i'm trying to get my kids into plants and care for them... i have two rose bushes that are meaningful to me... or us... one belonged to my mom, and another belonged to my great great grandmother... 180 years in the family... crazy... it's ugly AF, but it's important to me... no one else in my extended family cares...

that soil are you usng @rayray...?
    I have about 5 in the ground that im fattening up the roots. Soil is medium sandy clay, made slightly alk from the hard water. These are less than 10 years old and all about 4-6 feet tall. I fert every spring with 5-10-10, and every 2 months with Happy frog (has bat "guano" aka poop). These get nearly full sun and only survive because theyre on a hill which drains the heavy watering. When the temp hits 100'F, they get a full 5 gallon a day that gets deep then trickles down hill. Otherwise the leaves burn. I have this vision that the roots are getting swole like and inmate's biceps.

I have another 5+ in pots, one is 20 years old, 20 feet tall that had blood red leaves, but they burned when we were away for 2 weeks. Its in a 3x3x3 concrete pot with 25% shrub mulch, 50% potting soil, 25% fine gravel. In the spring this tree looks picture perfect. It has broad leaves like a canadian maple, but very thin tortuous branches. Now looks really dried out.

By far my favorite are the ones still in 10 gallon pots: coral bark maple, orange sunburst and purple (also a light green and standard green). These currently stay in between my fruit trees and drain very well, get the right amout of light, but will soon have to endure ground planting for root growth. In the winter when all the leaves fall, the coral bark maple stems are vivd red, looks like a giant stag coral.

So, Im still prob 10 years out from a show quality tree.

19. Thanks gumbii thanked for this post
    Likes gumbii liked this post

Thread Information