Mp40 Placement

Hi,
I just recently purchased another mp40 for my 90-gallon long SCA aquarium (https://www.scaquariums.com/product-p/sca-90glpnp.htm) . Its a 8-month reef and has been having a lot of algal problems. I had an extra mp40 laying around and wanted tot add it my existing mp40 in a master/slave mode. Hopefully it will help with the red algae. Does anybody have any recomendations on how i should place them for best flow? Also, is too much flow going to cause damage to my coral? Just curious.

Hey there just say your post as far as placement I would try the back first but as far apart as possible and if you don't like the flow there then try the sides opposing each other. And flow wise what kind of corals do you have?

Hi,
I just recently purchased another mp40 for my 90-gallon long SCA aquarium (https://www.scaquariums.com/product-p/sca-90glpnp.htm) . Its a 8-month reef and has been having a lot of algal problems. I had an extra mp40 laying around and wanted tot add it my existing mp40 in a master/slave mode. Hopefully it will help with the red algae. Does anybody have any recomendations on how i should place them for best flow? Also, is too much flow going to cause damage to my coral? Just curious.
We need to see a picture of your rockwork in order for us to be able to give you some advice.

Hi,
Mark, glad to see you're still in the hobby. Hope all is well bro. The pic of your tank would help, but without seeing your rock-work I would suggest having them on the sides one side closer to the surface and another pump as low as you can put it without disturbing the sand and corals. So instead of working against each other the pumps would create sort of a gyre inside the tank.

Everthing is going to depend on you rock placement. As far asthe coral each coral is different from my experience. Some like alot of flow some not so much.

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist
Generally, with MP40's, I place them in the WTS forum so I can buy a tunze so I point it however I like.

LOL,

I've had MP40's and you are just going to have to play with it.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
with the red slime. its not really flow. you are just blowing it off the rock and not let it settle. you have high nutrients figure out why there then the slime will go away. look at ali @amzing aquarium and reef. he has nice gentle flow in his tank and has no red algae.

Latest posts