Always check your magnets

The Two Little Fishies Veggie Mag Clip are also notorious for rusting! So keep an eye on all those magnet accessories! All this crap is probably mass produced in China.

BeanMachine

Supporter
Lots of companies getting stuff made cheap, someone ends up paying for it.
Honestly, I've heard of people talk about rare earth magnets that don't rust... but seriously how many companies if any actually use those? Few to no one from what it look like.

I will just avoid as many magnets as possible. Frag racks with brackets and no magnets, same with probe holders, etc. Besides a couple of pumps, no other magnets.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
Honestly, I've heard of people talk about rare earth magnets that don't rust... but seriously how many companies if any actually use those? Few to no one from what it look like.

I will just avoid as many magnets as possible. Frag racks with brackets and no magnets, same with probe holders, etc. Besides a couple of pumps, no other magnets.
I think this is the best practices we can/should follow. It would mean just planning builds with this in mind.

And I lost a couple frags so I investigated and thats what I found lots of carbon later everything still happy no further casualties

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Thanks to this post I looked at my corals today and I noticed my couple of sps had white bleach spots and a couple of Lps looked all deflated spots checked. F'n IM defroster had rusted and that what lead to my glass having random rust marks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts