220 build thread

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
Good thing you have your sump elsewhere and not under the stand. It's a pretty tight spot under that stand with that half wall in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It actually fits under the new stand! The only difference is the new stand isn't 8 feet long. Under the stand is deep enough, but not quite long enough, so I'll have to get creative.

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
Well, got it up and running finally. Still have some touch ups to do, especially with all of the cords and wires. I added an apex controller today, which is pretty cool, but I'm still learning my way around it. I might post some questions about it In the equipment forum. Anyways, enjoy the updated pics.

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
Plumbed in a 60 gallon frag tank. Turned out pretty sweet.

Everything's growing pretty good. This is the point where I just sit back and watch it grow. Other than filling the dosing reservoir and cleaning the skimmer, not much to do except enjoy it!!

Last edited:
Very nice. Just as good as anything on TV. My wife doesn't get me sitting on a bucket in the garage staring at my setup sometimes for a half hour at a time. I know the fish like it. They all come up front and stare back at me.

well done! The stand and hood came out great. I may have missed it earlier, but what prompted the switch from one tank to the other? Wanted different dimensions?

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
well done! The stand and hood came out great. I may have missed it earlier, but what prompted the switch from one tank to the other? Wanted different dimensions?
Thanks Ben,
We just wanted something we could walk around and view from all sides. It's worked out great!!

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
Man, the evolution of this tank has been awesome! It’s been thru a big alkalinity spike resulting in the loss of most of my hard corals. It’s bounced back and looking as good as ever!