Sps spawning

So I walking by the tank last night after lights out and noticed lots of white particles floating in the water column. Thought maybe my wrasse was stirring up the sand bed but the water wasn't cloudy, just hundreds of floating white pellets. Grabbed the flashlight and checked my nems. They looked normal. Then I noticed one of my sps colonies had hundreds of these white pellets stuck to it. I watched as each sps polyp spit out a 1mm white pellets which slowly detached and floated away! Took some pics but they are net very clear. You can see the white eggs?

I have a short video too but tapatalk can't upload it.

View attachment 378917

I hope it was one of your nicer corals, with my luck the Green Slimmer would spawn and cover my tank in Mean Green and I would rather Go to Walt Disney!

Very cool!

So I walking by the tank last night after lights out and noticed lots of white particles floating in the water column. Thought maybe my wrasse was stirring up the sand bed but the water wasn't cloudy, just hundreds of floating white pellets. Grabbed the flashlight and checked my nems. They looked normal. Then I noticed one of my sps colonies had hundreds of these white pellets stuck to it. I watched as each sps polyp spit out a 1mm white pellets which slowly detached and floated away! Took some pics but they are net very clear. You can see the white eggs?

I have a short video too but tapatalk can't upload it.

View attachment 378917
The attachment isn't working.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WXfm2IYzsfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
That's cool I never seen it happen in captive

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Double post delete please

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
very cool. If you guys are interested in this stuff. A dude on FB named Jamie Craggs is doing this on a fairly regular basis. check him out

Gig 'em

That's awesome! There's a professor in Austin that is looking to hobbyists to get coral colonies to breed in captivity for study. Did you feed heavily that day? Were there any temp changes or water changes? How long have you been growing that coral in your tank for? Very neat, I hope one day I can experience the same in my tank!

Latest posts