need help appraising my tank with livestock

limal17

Hello there I am not selling my tank but I am contemplating on it. I just don't know what I would get back from it and would like to see what you guys think since I have never sold any tanks before. I have a 180 gallon fish tank with the tank and stand and lights along with all of my live stock and live rock. I would like to downgrade in tank size. It's 1 year old and no over flow and no plumbing. I would include 2 hang in the back filters and also would come with all of the live rock except the purple live rock. The tank has no scratches and just needs the glass tops to be replaced. The light would be free since it's 48" in length and not the full 72". I have pictures of the fishes available as well as pictures of the tank and live rock. thank you for all your help in advance!

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

IMG_2796.JPG

IMG_2823.JPG

limal17

I tried putting up a video up of the livestock but had no luck so here is a list of them

1 kaudern cardinalfish 2''
2 pijama cardinals 2''
2 regular clownfish 2''
1 blue chromis 1''
1 flame cardinal 2''
1 blue tang 3''
1 lyretail wrasse 4''
1 banded coral shrimp

I, also, would say that 500 is a good estimate on a good day.

It is by no means a bad tank, it is just very close to just about everything else that often ends up on Craigslist in the SW world, and besides a very good quality stand, has not very much going for it.

If I were selling, I would ask $400,and take offers around $350.

Sent from my 1+3t

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
that would be with live stock and everything you have. None of us will ever get anything near what we paid for things. It is a niche hobby.

limal17

I, also, would say that 500 is a good estimate on a good day.

It is by no means a bad tank, it is just very close to just about everything else that often ends up on Craigslist in the SW world, and besides a very good quality stand, has not very much going for it.

If I were selling, I would ask $400,and take offers around $350.

Sent from my 1+3t
Thank you Nick and I do not want to overprice or be unfair to a buyer and would that price just be for the tank and stand?

limal17

that would be with live stock and everything you have. None of us will ever get anything near what we paid for things. It is a niche hobby.
So should I sale the fish first then sell the tank and rock all together? and yes I understand on not getting close to the money spent I would just like to downgrade