Intro post

Win9chun

Hello everyone.

The reason I joined this forum is so I can learn what it takes to start a small saltwater reef aquarium.

I'm new to aquariums and have a lot of reading to do so thank you in advance for all the info that has been shared and help that I might need along the way.

-Lance

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Welcome Lance. Shoot any question when you have. People here are very friendly and helpful. Can you share with is about your setup?
Thanks

Trung

reefking

A few words of advice. When you're ready to buy a tank don't start from scratch. Buy a turn-key system from someone quitting the hobby. This way you get everything you need fairly cheap. Patience is always the key with reef tanks. Nothing good happens fast. Make friends with a few reefers and ask if they'll let you check out their tank. You'll get an idea of what you like and don't like. Make sure you research ALL fish before purchasing them. That nice looking wrasse at the store may end up being the one that gets very aggressive and grows to around 2 foot long. Or that copperband butterfly may never eat once you take it home. No sense killing any more fish due to impulse buying.