what do you guys feed your fishes?

limal17

just curious on what the best frozen food might be? what do you guys feed your fishes? for example i would likes to make a clownfish harem tank and would like to feed the clownfish the best frozen food out there.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
whatever I have really, not to picky brand wise, but I do try and feed them a mix. Dry, wet (if I have it), and nori.

My Tank Build
Rod's Food original blend. Best food. But I'll mix in hikari blood worms, frozen brine and pe mysis. Hikari Cyclops as well.

Staple is Rods. I like it better than LRS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just visit an Asian grocery store and buy any fresh seafood and fish roe, blend them with nori and red algae and freeze.
Feed 5 times a day ;)

I spend about $30 a month on random foods i find at every new fish store that i visit.

Ocean nutrition 's frozen foods are my least favorite, with exception to their invertibrate food in the purple carton. It is the only one you can thaw and disperse in water.

Hikari frozen are not my favorite either, but they are inexpensive and make a good delivery system for aminos and garlic.

Rod's and PE mysis are the most expensive for a reason, however, v2o foods are the inexpensive amazing frozen food product that is worth purchasing if ever you see it.

limal17

I spend about $30 a month on random foods i find at every new fish store that i visit.

Ocean nutrition 's frozen foods are my least favorite, with exception to their invertibrate food in the purple carton. It is the only one you can thaw and disperse in water.

Hikari frozen are not my favorite either, but they are inexpensive and make a good delivery system for aminos and garlic.

Rod's and PE mysis are the most expensive for a reason, however, v2o foods are the inexpensive amazing frozen food product that is worth purchasing if ever you see it.

Thank you s much I will check those food out !

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Hikari Mysis because it's usually smaller sized mysis shrimp. Makes it easy for smaller fish. New Life Spectrum pellets are my favorite dry food. Nori every day for the herbivores. Tons of nutrition in Nori.

reefking

This is what I do and has worked great for years. Asian food stores have some great items. It's also a lot cheaper in the long run.

reefking

What kind of food do you buy at the asian food place? and do you make your own food?
I've found smelt (small eggs for making sushi) and have used that to feed my corals. A teaspoon goes a long way. Then I'll make my own fish food with garlic, ginger, nori, and a seafood mixture that usually has crab, oysters, squid, etc. I throw it all in a blender, toss it in a Ziploc, flatten it out, then freeze it.

Spectrum mysis lrs reef frenzy. Was thinking of trying frozen bloodworms. Will Marine fish eat them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk