Powerhead options

Frag tank 52x18x12 .75" thick acrylic. Tried cross flow pumps with no success due to rock scape and width of tank does not work well. Tried mp10 didn't work with the thickness of glass. Thinking mp40 but scared to pull the trigger with that much flow. And suggestions ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speaker73

Premium Member
Supporter
You should just do it. You can always modify the flow thru the controller to fine tune it

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Haven't personally used the gyre maxspect on this tank but have previously in other builds close to this dimension. I run into the issue that the length doesn't really work with the rockscape was hopping to put on back right corner behind the rocks blowing straight across the back pane. And one in the front left blowing across the front pane. If that make sense.

My tank is the same length as yours except it's 1" thick and I was using the jebao rw20 and it was too strong. I think the mp40 will be too strong as well but it should stick to a 3/4" thick acrylic. I couldn't get it because it wouldn't hold up to my tank unless I went with the mp60 which would have been really too strong. That's why I'm selling the rw20 and looking for the rw15 or pp15. Good luck with your search.

Wats the width/height for your tank. I see that the max thickness if this source was correct was 1.5 checking to see if they have one size smaller. Something for .75 or 1 max I tried the rw4 previously. I purchased use and it barley hung on. Always fail in the stand and came home to a sand storm.

Wats the width/height for your tank. I see that the max thickness if this source was correct was 1.5 checking to see if they have one size smaller. Something for .75 or 1 max I tried the rw4 previously. I purchased use and it barley hung on. Always fail in the stand and came home to a sand storm.

52/28/24 the rw20 didn't hold up to my tank I had to use a couple of my old koralia magnets to make it stick

Yeah in looks for something with a little stronger magnet then the 4. Or if you have a suggestion on how to rig my 4s they seem to move
plenty of water. Trying to find out if the magnets stronger on the 8 comparing to 4

Yeah in looks for something with a little stronger magnet then the 4. Or if you have a suggestion on how to rig my 4s they seem to move
plenty of water. Trying to find out if the magnets stronger on the 8 comparing to 4

The 8's magnet should be stronger than the 4 like I said I used the old magnets from my koralias. You basically have to add magnets on the outside.