RODI System

lynncgo

Hi, Looking for a new RODI system? Any recommendations? Any thoughts on the Aquatic life twist in cartridges vs the traditional canisters?

Thanks!

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist
Just get standard cartrages. That way you aren't married to one vendor. BRS is. Great value for RO/DI. Don't forget DI stage(s) regular RO makes for a green tank.

MarineDepot is pretty cheap too and you discount for life on their filter replacements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lynncgo

What do you mean by discount for life on their filter replacement for Marine Depot? Is it a membership program?

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
as long as you purchase it under your Marine Depot log in, they will automatically take 15% off any of the RODI filters you purchase.
What do you mean by discount for life on their filter replacement for Marine Depot? Is it a membership program?

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Has anyone here used the MD unit? Price seems super fair and have been thinking of picking one up when the time comes.

innerspark

Premium Member
Supporter
I am using a BRS RODI that I have modified 2 add 2 more stages to it and bring it up to a 150gpd system. Love it!

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist
I don't see how any one could be better than the other, they all do the sme thing, it's all about the membrane and the number of stages.

lynncgo

Cool. So i decided to go with AquaLife because I've had some real troubles in the past with the canisters..... leaking, can't get them apart, can't put them back on.

Thanks for everyone's help. I was able to get a price match on Marine Depot and then take advantage of the 15% off replacement for future too!

I have the liquagen from Amazon. Priced very well, but is not very efficient.

If I did more research, I would have gone with something more efficient. It seems like it wastes alot of water.

The marine depot system has been solid for me, a lot of plumbing options available on their site too. Although you might want to do some small modifications to get it perfect.