Hey garage reefers...

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
...how do you keep your tools from getting rusty? Anyone install some type of ventilation system to remove evap from the tank? I'm thinking of curing some rock in the garage until I'm ready to start a build but don't want to rust my tools, motorcycles, bikes, ect. It's a 2 car garage so i dont really have the sq ft to build an enclosed room. I'm thinking more along the lines of a hood with ventilation to outside the garage.

Anyone care to share some pictures of their setups?

55/60 gallon FOWLR has all acrylic covers but they're all warped so I'm sure there is a little evap.happening. 20 g sump underneath stand is fully enclosed. Set this because no one wanted a cheap quarantine tank. Been about a year out there. Maybe a little longer. Just added a chiller since my temp was around 96 degrees last week. But of course the weather takes a turn to the cooler side now. But I'll be ready for next year. I don't notice any problems with humidity in garage. Not hide tool guy but do keep metal things nearby without issue.
image.jpg

I had my contractor install a fan in the ceiling that monitors the humidity in the garage. It works to keep the humidity out but, it still gets hot in there. We redid our kitchen and he just routed the fan in the garage with the oven fan that blows out the roof.

Latest posts