Save the Midas Benny!

Just went to Fish and Coral off of foothill Blvd in Rancho Cucamonga.The dude working there says that the blenny has been there around a month. It is the smallest Midas blenny that I have seen in person. He's maybe 2 inches long. It must be a baby. I would have taken him but I've already got a Midas blenny and it is only a 25 gallon tank. The store was selling him for 50 dollars, so about the average price for a Midas. Someone save the Midas Blenny!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blennys do not like being in tanks without live rock and places to hide, his color shows that he is very unhappy and like mrtian stated could be sick as well. I would be interested to see if he ate.

He didn't look sick but you can see that he is very unhappy. His coloring is normal, that's just how they look when extremely stressed. Our blenny had the same coloring when we took him home but as soon as he was in the tank he had his normal color.
The guy working there says he's been there a month. We asked if he eats and he said he would be dead if he didn't. His words. I just hope someone takes the little guy home sooner then later.
Here is a picture of our blenny.

Advertising for a LFS that clearly doesn't care about the fish. I have a better idea don't pay full retail for a undersized unhappy fish and maybe there won't be more to feel sorry for in the future

kitstyx28

Advertising for a LFS that clearly doesn't care about the fish. I have a better idea don't pay full retail for a undersized unhappy fish and maybe there won't be more to feel sorry for in the future
How is it advertising for this store? That picture of the blenny is not showing the store in a flattering light. Best thing would be to not give this place any business but that doesn't change the fact that the fish are already there. Why post if all you are going to do is criticize? Trolling much?

How is it advertising for this store? That picture of the blenny is not showing the store in a flattering light. Best thing would be to not give this place any business but that doesn't change the fact that the fish are already there. Why post if all you are going to do is criticize? Trolling much?

Says the person with 1 post. Nice of you to "join" just to post that.

"Why post if all you are going to do is criticize?" Hypocrite much?

Vegas

on a side note, bob's tropical in LA has some great looking Blennies for 20 bucks, I picked 1 up and hes been doing great and eating well. his colors are awsome. I seen the price and thought it was a mistake.

kitstyx28

Says the person with 1 post. Nice of you to "join" just to post that.

"Why post if all you are going to do is criticize?" Hypocrite much?
I'm Lucky's wife. I saw your comment but I was not going to use his account to make a reply. I don't like what you said. You gave your opinion and it seems you think the fish is better off dead. That's very sad. I'm new to the hobby and I don't think of the fish as just ornaments in a tank. They are living creatures and blennies have interesting personalities. I see why people call them "water dogs". That poor fish deserves a chance, that is why lucky made this post. He looked for months before he finally found a Midas blenny for sale and he bought it as soon as he saw it. Now they are popping up but that wasn't the case a few months ago.

Now that I know whom I'm addressing.

"Advertising is an audio or visual form of marketing communication that employs an openly sponsored, nonpersonal message to promote or sell a product, service or idea."

He's advertising the fish being at the local fish store. Whether he shows the store in a flattering light or not makes no difference. "these people treat their fish bad go buy their fish". Your emotions obscure the fact that this is a vicious cycle. You give them more money and they will use it to stay in business and buy more fish to treat badly. While that doesn't change the fact that the fish is already there it does ensure that there will be more to take it's place when it either dies or someone who feels sorry for it buys it.

I'm Lucky's wife. I saw your comment but I was not going to use his account to make a reply. I don't like what you said. You gave your opinion and it seems you think the fish is better off dead. That's very sad. I'm new to the hobby and I don't think of the fish as just ornaments in a tank. They are living creatures and blennies have interesting personalities. I see why people call them "water dogs". That poor fish deserves a chance, that is why lucky made this post. He looked for months before he finally found a Midas blenny for sale and he bought it as soon as he saw it. Now they are popping up but that wasn't the case a few months ago.

You're assuming, while it seems to you that I think the fish is better off dead, that is not the case. I am not new to the hobby and have seen places like this many times over. You are enabling a LFS that will continue to mistreat it's live stock. Don't you care about the fish that will replace it? I also don't think they are simply ornaments, which is why I wouldn't want a place like this to stay in business, so we can at least agree on that.