Skimmer help

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build
Looking to get a new skimmer for my 70 gal Cadlights system with 30 gallon sump. Skimmer section measures 11x7. What skimmer would you recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran a vertex omega150 on a cad70. However, I did upgrade to a longer and wider sump from AA.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build
Budget = $1000

Vertex Omega has gotten some bad reviews which actually what prompted this question as I was going to pull the trigger on one.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
**** $1000 budget on a skimmer for a 70 gallon tank? Most people don't have that kinda budget for their whole system! lol Well your choices are pretty limitless. One thing if you go into the boutique high end skimmers, go for actual ratings and don't oversize it like most of us do with the more budget oriented brands. That's where problems usually happen with tuning and getting proper skimmate. Any skimmer with a good sized pump, good air draw, and a 5-6" body would do the job very well.

deaclauderdale

Addicted Reefer
My Tank Build
**** $1000 budget on a skimmer for a 70 gallon tank? Most people don't have that kinda budget for their whole system! lol Well your choices are pretty limitless. One thing if you go into the boutique high end skimmers, go for actual ratings and don't oversize it like most of us do with the more budget oriented brands. That's where problems usually happen with tuning and getting proper skimmate. Any skimmer with a good sized pump, good air draw, and a 5-6" body would do the job very well.
I've been saving up...lol

I've taken a look at Bubble King just not sure what to get.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Haha Nice! Well if you're not in a hurry there will be plenty of reps to talk to at RAP to help make an informed decision and hopefully see products first hand.

I've been saving up...lol

I've taken a look at Bubble King just not sure what to get.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
might be able to also purchase the skimmer there for a reduced price. Shipping things back is expensive if you are not local.

Latest posts