• LRS

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
If you had to choose between LRS and Rods food, which would you choose and why?

I've never heard anything bad about LRS but my fish love Rods and the fact that he has been showing up for the past decade at local shows and giving away food makes me lean that direction

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I've never heard anything bad about LRS but my fish love Rods and the fact that he has been showing up for the past decade at local shows and giving away food makes me lean that direction
[MENTION=3628]BeanMachine[/MENTION], is Rods on the list for reefapalooza this year?

JDEllis

Owner @ Ellis Aquatics
Supporter
I used rods personally as a hobbyist (years ago) and found it was a very good quality food, my only complaint was inconstant sized pieces (again years ago). But overall majority of fish liked it.

LRS in my opinion has been knocking it out of the park for me several years now. It's pretty much the only thing we feed our fish. We have 200-250 new fish a week and rarely run into a fish that refuses one of the LRS blends. It is extremely clean! Pieces are consistent sized and variety of ingredients are well mixed. My only complaint with LRS is it takes awhile to thaw out and break apart but I have learned this is more because you are getting much more food vs similar cube products with a bunch of water and some food.

So overall we think LRS is the top shelf top choice.

BeanMachine

Supporter
I need to talk to the PE rep.
Do you know if they usually sell the products there? Or only Sunday before flying back. I need to stock up on Hikari

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most just have samples. Hikari is exhibiting with a LFS, so you probably will be able to buy their food at a show special price.

I also should mention Reef Nutrition will also be there and Chad the rep has a wealth of knowledge. He's a really nice guy that I'm sure would talk with you regarding your project.

I should also mention that Ocean Nutrition / SFBB will also be exhibiting.

Most just have samples. Hikari is exhibiting with a LFS, so you probably will be able to buy their food at a show special price.

I also should mention Reef Nutrition will also be there and Chad the rep has a wealth of knowledge. He's a really nice guy that I'm sure would talk with you regarding your project.

I should also mention that Ocean Nutrition / SFBB will also be exhibiting.
Thank you for the info!!
Yes I

Latest posts