clownfish question

limal17

I would like to make a tank of different kinds os clownfish species, and would like an estimate as to how many different types of clownfish I would be able to put in a 80 or 100 gallon tank? I would put them in at the same time and provide anemones to reduce aggression and feed them plenty of times.

My 2 cents: Doesn't work. I've seen tanks where you have different types of the same Complex, say some different color morphs of Perculas but that's the best I've seen. Even then the tanks were much bigger and had many "areas" of the tank. The extra nems doesn't seem to do anything but give them a territory to defend and be more aggressive over.

Besides having more than one pair they don't become the darlings of the tank. Something special about that little bond between two making home.

Besides having more than one pair they don't become the darlings of the tank. Something special about that little bond between two making home.
I'm going to have to agree with this one. The quirkiness of the clowns is best appreciated in a nice pair. Less is more. But if I was to add a bunch. they would be of the same type like they sometimes group in the wild in a large anemone.

If I was to redo my tank, I would add a pair only. I have a maroon, a midnight and and an Allardi - all bought when I was starting out. They are all still doing well with the Allardi constantly picking on the midnight. The maroon just chills in his corner. I've had all 3 for a good 8 months.

hdoddballs

I would do a pair only. I always had issues with them with territories even with xtra nems around.

There's already a thread here on the formula of someone who tried that, don't think it worked out to well. He set up a 150g if I remember correctly, had a good amount of nems and a ton of clowns. Eventually they started killing each other. Seemed like he had less clownfish in the tank every time he updated the thread

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk