GFO Or Rowaphas or Chemi Pure

I'm running. A desktop reactor in my IM 25. Is there a big difference between BRS GFO and Rowaphas? There is a big price difference but the reactor is small and either would go a long way. I'd just lime to use what's most effective.

I was also curious if Chemi Pure could be taken out of the bag and run in a reactor and how it would compare to the other two products?

JDEllis

Owner @ Ellis Aquatics
Supporter
Over the years I personally have tried almost every main brand of GFO out there and almost all have similar effects in my experience. I would say although Rowa is one of the most expensive on the market, it was not any more effective than the Aquamaxx we currently use which is one of the better values on the market. Some clog easier than others or are dirtier or cleaner but overall we always go back to Aquamaxx due to price, availability and constant good results.

for your set up chemi pure would be the best has gfo, perigee, and carbon in one
Can you run it in a reactor? I do have media baskets as well

Over the years I personally have tried almost every main brand of GFO out there and almost all have similar effects in my experience. I would say although Rowa is one of the most expensive on the market, it was not any more effective than the Aquamaxx we currently use which is one of the better values on the market. Some clog easier than others or are dirtier or cleaner but overall we always go back to Aquamaxx due to price, availability and constant good results.
Jayson, thanks. I'll check it out. No need spending money I don't have to

I've stuck with ROWAphos over the years because it's been the most effective out of other brands I tried. I ru it in a mesh bag, much easier than messing with a reactor, and cleaner. ChemiPure is a rip off. It has a very tiny amount of GFO. Mostly all carbon, which makes it a waste of money. I bought a 5 kg bucket of ROWA like 3 years ago, and still working on it. I use Brightwell PhosphatE like once a week so the ROWA doesn't exhaust as fast.

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to give them all a go and see if I see a measurable difference. If not, it makes sense to save some cash.

Latest posts