82 Degrees for nano reef tank?

My 13.5 Gallon has been up and running, but im curios on whats the best temp for corals? I have Neotherm 75 Watt heater with an inkbird temp controller, and also a fan to use as a cooler. I would really appreciated any advice on the best temp to keep my tank at, and why not above or lower?

I keep mine at 78 and stays constant at 78.8
But you can keep them st 80-75

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Arguably 78 is the reef tank standard. Anything around that is fine. What's more important is stable temp. Some reefers with bigger tanks will drop temp during the winter season and raise temp during the summer to save on electricity costs. Which is perfectly fine.

Which temp encourages coral growth?
Biologically the higher temp. the fast metabolism but if something goes wrong it goes side ways fast. But it's so slightly that you won't tell the difference. Just focus on a certain temp. And keep it stable your coral will grow fast like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was around 79-80 on my Evo 12 and grew a nice candy cane coral colony, small red monti and green bird's nest using stock light (6 hr photoperiod) and a 50w Cobalt heater. As mentioned above, stability is key. Good luck, it's a nice tank!

bsakado

78-80 is perfect, keeping the tank at a stable temperature is the hard part.When the temp fluctuates it can piss off coral pretty quickly. The fish arnt as touchy as the coral. I keep my 40 gallon at a constant 80 with a 200 watt heater (ya its a pretty big heater haha)

Latest posts