Whats your favorite salt?

Wankel

Supporter
Just interested to see what salt mixes are being used the most in everyones reef.
I switched to tropic marin my last tank, still have some left, gonna stick with it.

i've been using tears of my haters for my water changes....
That salt used to be good because it was super potent, but now everyone produces it so the quality has really taken a dump.

NVTE

I like Fritz RPM . Mix very fast like in 10 min and doing water change. The Parameter is good. It remind me of TRopic Marin Pro with fraction of the cost.

Speaker73

Premium Member
Supporter
Why do you alternate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I honestly have no idea. My tank used to be a mixed reef and my few sps did well with the RCSP but was scared of the alk increasing without me testing.

So basically it's because I was lazy and cheap! Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Reef Crystals. Reasonably priced, readily available and gets the job done. i have heard good things about Fritz though so maybe I'll try that someday.

IO for me; especially if you are running a calc reactor or dose. Sanjay and Bob Fenner said they use IO at their talks at RAP.

Wankel

Supporter
IO for me; especially if you are running a calc reactor or dose. Sanjay and Bob Fenner said they use IO at their talks at RAP.
Its all preference, Sanjay also uses Radions to grow and light his tank yet a LARGE majority of the reef population still think LED's don't work...

Its all preference, Sanjay also uses Radions to grow and light his tank yet a LARGE majority of the reef population still think LED's don't work...
True. Like with most things in this hobby whatever works for you is best. I've used TM, Red sea, kent marine, etc. and they all work. But since I've been following Sanjay since the days of Iwasaki 6700k bulbs and compact fluorescents I generally defer to his judgement. And someday soon I'll be buying a bunch of radions hahahaha.