ESV B-Ionic (dosing time frame)

Ok, so I am going to start dosing.

Read the instructions and have a question.

The directions say to dose 1ml per every 4 gallons.

My system is 110 gallons, meaning I need 27.5 ml per day.

The part that confuses me is that is says to dose in the morning when PH is at it lowest. But is also says not to dose all at once.

Does that mean I dose the 27.5 ml over the coarse of the entire day? say add 5ml every couple of hours?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Ok, so I am going to start dosing.

Read the instructions and have a question.

The directions say to dose 1ml per every 4 gallons.

My system is 110 gallons, meaning I need 27.5 ml per day.

The part that confuses me is that is says to dose in the morning when PH is at it lowest. But is also says not to dose all at once.

Does that mean I dose the 27.5 ml over the coarse of the entire day? say add 5ml every couple of hours?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Yes, you want to dose your total amount over a 4 or 5 hour period of your lowest pH (usually between 3am and 7am assuming lights are out by 10).

I just does on a 24 hour on the hour schedule with part A and part B 15 minutes apart. I figure its that way in the ocean so no need to overthink it. PH swings in a .2 range which is more than normal.

I just dose all at once, alk first, and then drop in the calcium about 1 minutes later at a completely different end of the aquarium.

Usually alk in the fuge, and calcium in the dt drain.

It seems to work just fine, and tbh, the small amount of dosage you do with regular maintenance means nothing after your first dose.

Sure, spread out your first plug over a couple hours, but once you do it daily, just do the same amount every day and keep your parameters on lock.