Anyone have experience with Fritz salt?

dontavo27

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
My Tank Build
California aquariums, which I go for water uses fritz salt for there saltwater mix.
My coral growth has improved so much in the last couple months since I’ve kept it consistent with there water.
Would definitely recommend it.

DPal

I’ve been using Fritz for over 7 months now. I switch from Red Sea to Fritz bc I couldn’t get the salinity up. Fritz salt is less cloudy, easier and faster to mix. One of the bag popped during the shipment. Contacted customer service and a new box was personally delivered by a Fritz employee to my house that same day. They also added some free tank cleaning supplies for my trouble. I know the salt is price more than other brand. Just find one that works for you and the tank.

It is very good.

Sometimes you can get it for less than instant ocean, and even when you can't, it is still less than red sea.

Very good product, and fine particles like sugar.

watchguy123

Featured Reef
Mixes at 8.5 alk pretty consistently for me. I believe their goal is between 8-9 dKh. Question for [MENTION=11526]Nick Shades[/MENTION] , where do you order yours. I get mine either through saltwateraquarium.com or premiumaquatics.com for about $63-65 with free shipping for a box for 200 gallons

I also use Fritz salt. A few month back I had a bucket that mixed cloudy and the parameters were off but they were quick to address the problem and got me replacements quick.

Mixes at 8.5 alk pretty consistently for me. I believe their goal is between 8-9 dKh. Question for [MENTION=11526]Nick Shades[/MENTION] , where do you order yours. I get mine either through saltwateraquarium.com or premiumaquatics.com for about $63-65 with free shipping for a box for 200 gallons
I have a local supplier that gives me for about $5 less than marine depot.

I think it ends up being $45 after tax for the box.

MAK corals, SBDO.

Although, ocean aquatics will probably, also, have fantastic prices.

I saw the salt at California aquariums too. They have nice tanks so it must be working well. Using Instant Ocean now but interested in trying this. Only thing is I have heard of some consistency problems as seems to be pointed out here that has led me to hesitate.

Yeah heard lots of good thing about Fritz going to switch to Fritz after I am done using my IO Reef since I bought the 200g
But I also heard good things about Two Little Fishes Accursea 1 salt mix. Will see which one I look into. Let me know if you switched.

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I was used 3 boxes of Fritz and my mixing container had allot of crude build up. It was caked to the sides of the barrel. My usual mixing was always 2 cups of salt while the pump was stirring the water.
After cleaning this last time, I switched to Oceans Potion sold by Seaside

This is the only pic I had. After scrubbing the barrel.
I read a couple other guys here had similar experiences (@All Delight)

Last edited: