Reefnreptiles 9 gallon peninsula

Is it possible to skip a diatom bloom? I haven't seen a trace of algae yet, and all the corals and livestock is perfect fine. I added a couple hermits and a nass. snail and pods are taking over the glass

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update 10/30/17
Diatoms finally showed up, and in full power. Added a chemipure nano to help. I took out the bangaii cardinal and exchanged him for two green chromis a few days ago. So far for corals I have added green, blue, red, and turquoise mushrooms, kenya tree, xenia, gsp, pink tip hammer, duncan, and a tiny rbta I found in my sump.

11/3/17
Added a purple fishfish. His name is tic-tac. The stock pump barely puts out any water so I ordered a rio plus 800 (211 gph) that should come in soon.

11/11/17
Tank still going through its diatom stage, but definitely has matured over the last few weeks. It will be one month since starting up on Tuesday. I added two trochus snails and a large scarlet hermit to help with the algae outbreak

11/15/17
A month and a day running today. Added a electric blue hermit, and a bigger rbta. Chromis were fighting so i took them both out, so the only fish is the purple firefish. I might add two baby occ. clowns... or not.

Update 12/21/17

I got sick n tired of the stupid asternia stars eating my zoas. They ate every single polyp in this tank. 5 polyps of red people eaters, a polyp of utter chaos, 3 magician palys, and 4 polyps of rastas . So i went ahead and picked up a harlequin shrimp for $20. He just ate an entire chocolate chip star at the lfs, so hes just chilling right now and ignoring the starfish.

Seeing the Gingerbread house reminds me my kid and I need to build the kit we bought. Or save it for her to do with family on Christmas.

And good score on the raffle. The anemone looks like one of those fake ones.

Seeing the Gingerbread house reminds me my kid and I need to build the kit we bought. Or save it for her to do with family on Christmas.

And good score on the raffle. The anemone looks like one of those fake ones.
The nem didnt do so hot, think it was too big for the nano. The tiny nem is growing and doing great still.

Havent updated this thread in a while...
Tank is currently taken down since last week. Im going to be away for 7 weeks so everything is currently in my refugium. Ill start it back up at the end of the summer. Heres the last few pics I took. Last pic is my fuge with all the livestock.

Latest posts