Back after 3 years...

Hi Everyone,

I'm Sun, I live in Irvine, and started this hobby in 2008. I was never super active on this forum (mostly lurking in the marketplace) so I wanted to introduce myself again. My tank completely crashed 3 years ago (still don't know what happened) and instead of rebuilding, I decided to sell everything because we were planning on moving soon (and I was too poor to rebuild haha).

I recently went on my honeymoon to Moorea and stayed in an overwater bungalow over coral formations that were home to hundreds of chromis, damsels, tangs, triggers, and many other fish. I would go down to our deck and feed them every morning. After coming back to real life, I'm starting to get the itch and have been looking to get back in the hobby.

I don't have a tank yet but I'm thinking of starting off smaller with a JBJ Rimless 30-45 gallon aquarium but of course I contacted someone about a 100 gallon tank last night (it was an awesome deal). Hopefully I'll have a build thread up soon.

In the past I've had a 120 gallon FOWLR (first tank), 65 gallon reef, 29 gallon reef, and 115 gallon reef.

Here is a video of my 115 gallon from back in the day (I know it's crowded):
[video=vimeo;238491573]https://vimeo.com/238491573[/video]

Also, here is a video of a GIANT trigger we saw off our deck. I thought it was super cool.
[video=vimeo;238489857]https://vimeo.com/238489857[/video]

It was probably almost 2 feet long. You can even hear how loud it is when it eats.

SantaMonicaHelp

I recently went on my honeymoon to Moorea and stayed in an overwater bungalow over coral formations that were home to hundreds of chromis, damsels, tangs, triggers, and many other fish. I would go down to our deck and feed them every morning.
That sounds great, and lucky you for spying a triggerfish! Awfully fond of those.

Anyway, welcome back to the forums. I'm sure there are plenty of users here who could lend a hand as you get back into reefing.

-Kamran

That sounds great, and lucky you for spying a triggerfish! Awfully fond of those.

Anyway, welcome back to the forums. I'm sure there are plenty of users here who could lend a hand as you get back into reefing.

-Kamran
Thanks! I'm picking up a new tank this weekend so I'll get some pics up soon. If anyone has some extra stuff they don't need, hit me up! Wife said I have to keep this "cheap" haha.

It took me a while to see this comment. Do you have any pictures?

-Kamran
Yeah of course! Totally forgot about this too. Here’s a quick pic. Added a black extreme misbar and an rbta. Added a pic of the rbta because it was about 2 inch diameter with a ripped up foot when I got it but has since healed and is now a good 5-6” and hosting my clowns. I’m waiting on Black Friday to add a couple more things including goby/shrimp pair and a couple corals. Also have a jbj ato coming and brackets for the led so they’re not sitting so close to the water lol. Wanted to go cheap and already put in $500 haha

BA8138F7-C042-4E89-9F63-4F459436D3EA.jpg
D473BA41-C4C2-4496-B702-3BC29649C2FD.jpg