Sca 302 protein skimmer stopped working

I recently moved my 90 gallon with sump from my old Town house to the house we moved into now.

Im not certain the skimmer stopped before the move, but it definitely ceased operation after the move.

For about two weeks now, it had no flow coming out from it and into the fractionation bubble chamber.

I didn't get a chance to really play with it until today, when i discovered that the atman ph 2000 pump was not operating at full capacity. It was hardly moving any water at all.

Second, the bubble chamber on top of the pump (with the red cap that has the holes in it) seemed oddly loose, compared to when i first installed it.

I fixed it as follows.

Pump: completely disassembled it and purchased a tooth brush, a bottle brush, and a car detail brush and cleaned it completely, tooth and nail, from the impeller, to the impeller chamber, to the base suction cups. This got the flow back.

Interior Bubble cap: this had two problems. The threaded coupler to the pump itself went to low onto the two fixtures in order for the threaded bulb screw that holds the red cap on to sit all the way snug into the chamber.

I used PTFE (Teflon tape, white) to keep the coupler snug to the pump, and bought a 1/4 inch white nylon spacer from home depot in the fastener section and the two got my flow back, and in the two hours it has been running, the water looks beautiful again.

Total cost for fix: $1.48

I know many people feel that the sca302 is a great appliance for effectiveness, but it's durability, warranty and support are awful.

I have to agree. But i am glad i managed this fix.

I cannot wait to go external, eventually.

(picture of the nylon spacer).

Sent from my 1+3t

Beat spending a hundred bucks on another skimmer just to put that one on the shelf.