Looking for a company that sells built aquascapes

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I knew someone who used to do that. I'll check if he still does. The time in labor adds up though, usually ends up costing more than you'd think.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
i think there is a company that does that with ceramic rock, cant recall their name. Im sure you could get a service/maintenance company to do it. I know a company that has done it in the past if you are interested.

Yeah I would email Scott @ Alternative Reef.

Cerameco used to be an option but they are no longer in business.

I think your better off doing it yourself. Something nice will take quite a few hours so you'll end up paying for it if you have someone or a service company do it. With all the great materials now including AquaMaxx Reef Welder, available dry rock, I don't see a reason not to do it yourself. Unless your time is more valuable I guess. Everyone wants $30 an hour these days...

How big is your tank and what is the foot print?

I would think the fun and more importantly the sense of achievement would be in doing it yourself.
Some sch. 40 1/2" PVC, bunch of free rock, silicone and/or epoxy. A couple of hours a day instead of Facebook or some stupid Tv program. At the end of the week you have your structure.

Thanks guys
My tank has been up maybe 9months but the way I aquascaped it now I noticed I don’t have places to place my coral.
1C30E8F9-6A94-41F9-97B4-B9215DAD22A9.jpg

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Yeah to many vertical rocks limits your places for coral. That aside the rock itself looks pretty cool.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Yeah I would email Scott @ Alternative Reef.

Cerameco used to be an option but they are no longer in business.

I think your better off doing it yourself. Something nice will take quite a few hours so you'll end up paying for it if you have someone or a service company do it. With all the great materials now including AquaMaxx Reef Welder, available dry rock, I don't see a reason not to do it yourself. Unless your time is more valuable I guess. Everyone wants $30 an hour these days...

How big is your tank and what is the foot print?
Cerameco is supposedly coming back in 14days... check out the website.

Scaping is probably the worse thing in the hobby. For me anyway. I cant keep my hands out of my tank because I don't like how things look or I think I can improve flow through them or make it easier for fish too cruise in and out of rocks. And when I do that I then have to adjust power heads. And then....

I go through this itch every few months but try to avoid as much as I can. It makes it interesting for sure but probably stressing the livestock.