Don't throw old stuff away

I can not explain it, but here it is. I have two old jebao wp 25 pumps. They both worked well for over 2 years, then they both stopped working within several months of each other. After cleaning and fighting with them, I concluded they were toast. I put them in a box in the garage, to maybe use for parts sometime. That was well over a year or two ago. Two weeks ago, I started to clean out the boxes in the garage and was going to throw them in the trash, but thought I would plug them in and just check before the hit the trash. Amazingly one of them worked and I let it run in a bucket for a day, it continued to work. It is back in my tank and it has been working fine since then. The other one did not work. I put it back in the garage.
Today I pulled it out of the garage and plugged it in, and it started working. Will let it run for a while and maybe put it back in tank. I suspect they will fail again soon, but will give them a chance.
Apparently jebao pumps respond to time outs. Just wish the jebao cp 40 in the garage would learn from its brothers.

My wife wishes i would throw more stuff away. I suffer from the same stubbornness. I feel like i can use stuff again later. I've spent more money on stuff that i dont use anymore or haven't used period than the stuff I have in current rotation.

I am okay with that, because in this hobby, backups are priceless.

Latest posts