Dosing nopox

So I've been trying to lowering my phosphate and nitrate down with water changes but everything the test come the same readings 0.64 on phosphate and nitrate is at 0.50 ppm so now I'm going to use nopox which I have no clue how to use it on a 10 gallon tank this day two on dosing

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
I think you might be better off using GFO first for the Phosphate only. Your nitrates are very low and NoPOX will consume both Nitrate and phosphate. Having 0 nitrates may have negative affects on your corals. Are you having algae issues in the tank? If not I'd leave it be.

I think you might be better off using GFO first for the Phosphate only. Your nitrates are very low and NoPOX will consume both Nitrate and phosphate. Having 0 nitrates may have negative affects on your corals. Are you having algae issues in the tank? If not I'd leave it be.
A little bite of algae stuck in the glass have alot of detritus .i was think buying phosbean reactor and use bio maxxx pellets because gfo i think i could overdos it lol

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
I've used PhosphateRx with success. I would just dose a couple of drops of that if you're already using chemipure. Just make sure not to overdo it. Otherwise even GFO in a baggie can make a dent in a small tank.