Registered Member
    Name
    Bryan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djam View Post
    If you can't setup a Qt tank the absolute best thing you can do is to A) keep the fish eating and B) lower their stress levels. One of the things that has worked well for me is keeping the tank ultra clean, zero nitrates. I did a 5% change every other day. You can't do too mcuh and must be careful to keep it same salinity and temp. Be real low key about the changes. Also, garlic in their food works agreat. I also used something called Metro+. It was a tough run, but eventually, I got them turned around. Clowns are pretty tough compared to other fish, you have a good shot at it. The best is to treat with copper, but I understand that is not always possible when you are just starting out. Maybe someone can lend you a QT tank.

I also tried/used kick-ich. Not sure if that helped, but I was desprate to not let my wife's fishes die.

Dave
    question: Does having a fish with an Ich infects your tank also?

I am trying to treat the fish and the tank aswell and I think using a solution with copper will give me problem in the future since I am only starting out and Im afraid that the Cupper will adhere to my dry rock and give me problem with corals later on. (correct me if Im wrong).

Registered Member
    Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Copper kills all inverts. Do not ever treat a display tank with copper. You will kill everything that is not a fish.

Do what everyone who did not suggest copper/meds suggested.

Feed the well, give them garlic, and do small, but regular water changes.

It will be a long haul, at least 8 weeks, don't add anything else until the last sign of ich is gone for 8 weeks. Mark each day on the calendar, and then in January, you can start adding stuff to the tank.

You can add corals, etc to the tank of you wished, but i would still recommend waiting.

Name
    Kevin
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryancls View Post
    question: Does having a fish with an Ich infects your tank also?

I am trying to treat the fish and the tank aswell and I think using a solution with copper will give me problem in the future since I am only starting out and Im afraid that the Cupper will adhere to my dry rock and give me problem with corals later on. (correct me if Im wrong).
    Are you not reading our responses fully? You keep asking the same question over and over. Read our responses and follow our instructions!

Registered Member
    Name
    Bryan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gonumber24 View Post
    Are you not reading our responses fully? You keep asking the same question over and over. Read our responses and follow our instructions!
    WoaaaH! Chill! Relax! See a movie....

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Member
    Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bryancls View Post
    WoaaaH! Chill! Relax! See a movie....

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The reason he stated that is because the whole copper regimen was already verbosely expressed in detail and your question stood in the ignorance of those responses.

No one here WANTS to be upset, but when a followuo question, does that, the response is warranted.

Contributing Member
    Name
    james
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gonumber24 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Shades View Post
    The reason he stated that is because the whole copper regimen was already verbosely expressed in detail and your question stood in the ignorance of those responses.

No one here WANTS to be upset, but when a followuo question, does that, the response is warranted.
    I have learned over the years, that there is only so much you can say or help a fellow reefers with certain issue, before you say screw it let them learn the hard way and be done with it.

Contributing Member
    Name
    Danny
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
    I have learned over the years, that there is only so much you can say or help a fellow reefers with certain issue, before you say screw it let them learn the hard way and be done with it.
    Agreed because they want to manipulate the question to try and get the response they are looking for.

Contributing Member
    Name
    james
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justkeepswimming View Post
    Agreed because they want to manipulate the question to try and get the response they are looking for.
    Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Contributing Member
    Name
    Danny
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not saying this is the case here, for the record lol! Just in general.

Registered Member
    Name
    Bryan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow we are really going away from the real topic here. Im really surprised. I tought Im not gonna respond on this sudden outburst.

Im new --> I asked question --> I tried to understand what other hobbyist are saying --> I tried to get some conversation.... "period" I dont have to explain myself here. Responses are still embedded here, I might over read it or I might planned to read it later, this is not the only thing I do everyday... chill out.

as an old saying goes: " When you give dont expect anything back"

I still find all this an exaggerated reactions. "Read our responses and follow our instructions!" You just don't order people like that especially if you're not the one giving food on his table.

Now can we talk about fish and be positive from now on? I have fish and tank to treat.

I now understand the process and solution that I will be doing with this problem after reading all your responses and understanding the lifecycle of this parasite. Thanks everyone for the advice and will go on from here.

peace out!

Registered Member
    Name
    Nick
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cliff notes:

Don't treat a display tank with a chemical unless your plan is to nuke it.

Always use a separate hospital/quarantine tank for treating FISH ONLY with chemicals. Don't ever put rock in there, live or dead, and instead, use only schedule 40+ grade pvc or abs couplings and pipes so that your fish have a manner of refuge. Plastic decorations are technically ok, but sort of an obsolete and expensive means for a hospital/qt tank.

Treating your whole dt if all its fishly inhabitants seem to be suffering from the same ailment is fine, AS LONG AS YOUR TREATMENT WILL NOT NUKE THE ENTIRE TANK. (SEE ABOVE).
    -otherwise, just treat the garlic/vitamin c/good food/lots of water changes and increased filtration approach.

Your affected tank/organism is NEVER in the clear of any parasite/infection until 8 weeks after the last infection. There are variations to this timeline per organism/parasite, but no one will argue that 8 weeks is tye generally accepted period for quarantine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information