fish pacing question.......

Anyone ever get a fish, once its in tank it just goes from bottom to top rapidly in the tank like a crazy beast. Is this just the fish figuring out boundaries? Its been doing this for about 5 days now. What y'all think?

Anyone ever get a fish, once its in tank it just goes from bottom to top rapidly in the tank like a crazy beast. Is this just the fish figuring out boundaries? Its been doing this for about 5 days now. What y'all think?
Sounds like it's stressed out!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My latest copperband did the same thing. Once he figures out where his new home starts and stops he'll be fine.

Because its so unnatural it concerns me. I notice that when the lights are on is when he really gets going. Lights out he tucks away in the top near the overflow. Hopefully he's just acclimating.
My latest copperband did the same thing. Once he figures out where his new home starts and stops he'll be fine.

Because its so unnatural it concerns me. I notice that when the lights are on is when he really gets going. Lights out he tucks away in the top near the overflow. Hopefully he's just acclimating.
Like I said, my CBB #2 was going bonkers for about a week. He calmed down, started eating g and is now front and center come dinner time. It's not common, but not uncommon either.
What is it Adam? Depending on what species, there is a small chance for alarm, but I doubt it.

Like I said, my CBB #2 was going bonkers for about a week. He calmed down, started eating g and is now front and center come dinner time. It's not common, but not uncommon either.
What is it Adam? Depending on what species, there is a small chance for alarm, but I doubt it.
Yellow belly blue hippo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, not sure why though. The tank isn't to small, just can't figure it out!!
I'm sure its pretty normal like everyone has stated. I had a gumdrop goby do that for a week, thought he was going to die. He's a happy camper now

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

dotheduy

My copperband is doing the same every morning despite the fact that it’s eating shrimp, mysis right off my hand. He s been in my tank for months already. I shouldn’t worry much.

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Also, tangs get neurotic and see their reflection in the glass when the lights are on and get territorial against their own reflection. That fish Just needs to get used to being in a glass box. Make sure you're feeding it well and stay on top of water quality. As it is a time of stress for the fish and they're most susceptible to disease during this period.

Latest posts