Rigid plumbing on return

Has anyone noticed any reverberation from the pump to the hard pipe to the stand?
I'm close to putting my DIY sump under tank and considering doing this. My pump is quiet, Rio 1700 I think, maybe 2500. Anyway it's quiet. But I do feel vibration in the hoses and afraid I'll get a hum if I use pvc and strap it to back of stand. I will still use tubing from pump to pvc for about 10". Wondering if this'll be enough to isolate.
If you hold your plumbing, do you feel the pump? Gumbii insert crude thought here.

Hmmm. Are you asking for plumbing questions or are asking [MENTION=2546]gumbii[/MENTION] for your hard pipes

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
If possible find some silicone hosing big enough to go over your PVC return pipe and use it to decouple the PVC pipe from the pump. worse case. do a test run without gluing the pump into the PVC just yet and see. My Vectra M1 was hard plumbed and there was no noise whatsover. YMMV

Reefes, that's what I was thinking, sort of to isolate the pump with tubing. Tank is in garage but still don't want more noise than needed. Besides everything is trial for if I were to get a tank back in house.
Not gluing sort of freaks me out. Did that one time in garage running a test of set up on a previous tank. While just watching it work one of the unions let loose. Quiet One 6000. Instantly no head pressure, it was like a fire hose.