Led lighting on jbj 28 ?

I got an AI Prime to put on my jbj 28g. I was planning on cutting a hole and placing it right on top. After holding the light over the tank at the level there is not enough spread so there are areas not getting much light. Anybody have suggestions for led lights that I can mount in or cut out portion of top to fit on. I really want to keep the hood. Thanks

My Tank Build
The maxspect ethereal might work well.
Heres what 3 of them looked like on my 155

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Tank Build
Theyre like a halo around the fan so it covers well on a 24X24 cube. Each puck has 5 leds in it and the 8 pucks help spread coverage.

I got an AI Prime to put on my jbj 28g. I was planning on cutting a hole and placing it right on top. After holding the light over the tank at the level there is not enough spread so there are areas not getting much light. Anybody have suggestions for led lights that I can mount in or cut out portion of top to fit on. I really want to keep the hood. Thanks
There are some companies that make retrofit kits to dimmable led for the jbj28 led and hqi.

Without causing damage to the hood, i highly recommend that route.

Sent from my 1+3t

There are some companies that make retrofit kits to dimmable led for the jbj28 led and hqi.

Without causing damage to the hood, i highly recommend that route.

Sent from my 1+3t
I do have rapid led in the hood now. I've had them for a few years and have never been happy with the color and there is no programming. I'll look into more companies though. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I do have rapid led in the hood now. I've had them for a few years and have never been happy with the color and there is no programming. I'll look into more companies though. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Yeah. I was not as into rapid as much as i was pro.

http://proledsupply.com/contents/en-us/d2.html

Personally, i put some true lumen dimmable magentas in on a supplemental strips among with 2 of their royal blue strips to supplement the night lighting. It cost me about 30 dollars when i had my jbj

Sent from my 1+3t

Yeah. I was not as into rapid as much as i was pro.

http://proledsupply.com/contents/en-us/d2.html

Personally, i put some true lumen dimmable magentas in on a supplemental strips among with 2 of their royal blue strips to supplement the night lighting. It cost me about 30 dollars when i had my jbj

Sent from my 1+3t
Thanks, I was looking to add some ecoxotic stunner strips but cant find them anywhere. Ill take a look at the true lumen brand.