Recommendation of ATO

I been looking at
Innovative Marine HydroFill Ti Auto Top Off ATO Controller
AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro - Automatic Top Off System
Tunze Osmolator Nano 3152 Auto Top Off ATO
Any recommendation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro for my nano. This one has one sensor and it has been pretty solid for the last 2 years. The pump is quiet too. The only problem is that if the sensor gets covered in algae, it will malfunction. But if it stays relatively clean, then it shouldn't give you any problems. The Tunze pumps for the ATO are super loud, at least in my experience.

$8 float switch with hanger from eBay, $15 Toms aqua lifter, 5 gallon jug and done. Same type of set up over 10 years never a problem.

I have the AutoAqua Smart ATO Micro for my nano. This one has one sensor and it has been pretty solid for the last 2 years. The pump is quiet too. The only problem is that if the sensor gets covered in algae, it will malfunction. But if it stays relatively clean, then it shouldn't give you any problems. The Tunze pumps for the ATO are super loud, at least in my experience.
Algae will be an issue due to light spilling in my AIO

reefes pieces

Premium Member
Supporter
Tunze Osmolator 3155. It just plain works and works well. Don't get the nano version as it's just the float switch. The 3155 has optical sensor and back up float switch for emergency shut off. If the sump level gets too high it just sends off an alarm sound but will continue to work as soon as the water level goes back to normal. This can easily happen when the return pump or skimmer is temporarily shut off. I really don't like that some ATOs have to be manually reset.

Thanks guys looks like looks like rinse and Smart ATO are my options. Email BRS and MD looks like they will have sale soon. Thanks for the help guys!

Latest posts