Sb reef lights

Hello everyone I have a 16 inch basic sb reef light on my 29 gallon mixed reef tank no sps I was wondering if anyone has these Lights and what percentage u guys have them on and or experience, tips thanks and happy reefing🤘🏼🐠🐚

I've got the 16" box over my 60 cube with the mounting brackets, about 9" above the tank. All softies and a coupe BTA's. I run mine t 20% whites and 70% blues, started low of course. I've had mine since January. I do prefer T5s, but overall I love the light and spectrum it puts out. I did have a couple shrooms that just didn't acclimate well,but everything else is thriving. They also have a support group on FB as well.

I have had diatoms for a few months now that I can't get rid of. I attribute that to the LEDs as I've never had the issue before, but oh well. Overall excellent light and much better spectrum than all the other black boxes and a few of the name brand LEDs.

Oh ok cool i have mine with the brakets they came in with the tank i have my whites at 15% and blues at 25% is that a good start? Thanks for the reply

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
im using them a long with kessils and they are bang for your bucks lights with a good warranty. I have a mix reef set at 100 blue and lowest setting on the other channel for a few hours a day

I started at 10% whites and 20% blues. I had a lesser 1 watt Aquatic Life LED unit prior. So yeah, good start. I probably upped the percentages a little faster than I should have, but other than a couple shrooms everything was fine.

Oh ok cool I have mine set 12 inches from the tank so i say 20%whites and 35% blues would be ok to start with ?