Death of scr

i only came here to see what people are talking about hoarding ammo... and found the same stagnant threads... oh well... the reefing community is garbage and dead....

i only came here to see what people are talking about hoarding ammo... and found the same stagnant threads... oh well... the reefing community is garbage and dead....
And for that you would have been banned from RC. Here you can come back tomorrow and insult someone else.

just imagine some guy has a bug out hole on top of some billy goat ridge just full off projectiles, brass, primers and powder, presses then a wildfire burns through. you see a starburst and it all ignites, caps popping, metal melting. The horror. The horror.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
no its not still strong. and stronger than your corn on a stick

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
just imagine some guy has a bug out hole on top of some billy goat ridge just full off projectiles, brass, primers and powder, presses then a wildfire burns through. you see a starburst and it all ignites, caps popping, metal melting. The horror. The horror.
actually there was a bunker that got hit by wifefire somewhere i dont remeber

This thing called life sometimes pulls us in different directions, and it can get very busy. I find myself lately with less time to surf the net and while I do not post often I do search this site and RC at least 3 times a week and help where I can. With that said sometimes I do not bother because the threads are so off topic on SCR. I have been very into the Hobby as of late, my system has SPS again and everything is thriving. I just added a group of 10 more fish and all of them are finding there place even though I did have some fighting and a few stressful days.

I agree Photobucket going down hurt many of the legacy information and knowledge on the web, not to mention some very epic build threads. Message boards have also taken a hit from Social Media, it can be easier to follow a Facebook group when what we want to see is pictures. I still do not have Facebook, but I do like Instagram and maybe converting to that direction so I can keep track of my kids as they are starting to leave the nest. I just switched to Iphone so I could Facetime with my Daughter who has just passed MEPS for the Marines.

Message board owners need to step up there game and convert to new Social Media style formats and make posting pictures easy, or watch your investment in time and effort wither. A few updated threads would also be welcome, I can say that I found this Hobby on a internet search that somehow put me on a Reef Central Tank of the Month thread in January 2009 (Emsters 90), I used to look forward to read about the tank of the month and the different and similar ways these tanks thrived. I even imagined someday having a tank of the month. What does that mean now? RC has not put up a new Tank of the Month in Years. I do not understand how RC let R2R take over the industry. All the high end hype on R2R has cost us all money as coral prices go up from Wholesale to the end user. I very rarely go there except when I read a email that shows a topic I may be interested in because I do not like the direction the Hobby went with all the hypsters. Both SoCali and RC should be trying to be more like R2R because if you look at their list of advertisers the Rev is making some money at his Message Board Business!

Old School is the new cool and if you give and bank your corals with friends a crash will never keep you down, join a club like SCMAS and share your experience with others and post when you have time.

SocaliReefs not dead just needs a little more flow. I have some Powerheads for sale if you need some help:)

I was uploading pictures through TapaTalk directly from my phone but since posts have been getting cut off I haven't been very active. It sucks because it's so convenient to just snap a picture and post it with the app.

Latest posts