Reefer 350 on tile?

lynncgo

Does anyone have a reefer 350 or larger on tile? My contractor is saying that he's not going to warranty the tile underneath the tank because he's sure it will crack. Floor joists not a problem.... had that reinforced. Should I remove the feet and have direct cabinet on tile contact?

calvarez

I have a 180 Leemar with metal stand on tile floors. Slab foundation and no issues. No feet on stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well. Logic says if you spread the weight around like maybe using plywood under tank not having individual contact points it should be fine. Like the guy laying on a bed of nails. One or a few he'll be pierced, many closely together and the weight is dispersed he just has a bunch of tiny impressions. But he doesn't weigh in close to 600+ pounds either. A tile guy I am not. But I do know tile laid correctly should never crack because the set will cover the complete tile back. That being on a solid foundation as stated above.

Raised? I don't care how much reinforcement you have. If I were a tile guy I wouldn't guarantee it either seeing that in few years from now when you move I need to come back and maybe fix it for free and maybe there is discoloration and now you want it all replaced?

That being said. If it were my house and I wanted a tank, I'd lay don't some plywood and install my tank.