Calcium Reactor Effluent line slows down

kain

I was wondering if anyone can help me with this. My Aquamaxx CaRx, the C-Tech 1, seems to slow down after about two or three days. The output is going directly in to the tank. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

kain

Manifold off my return pipe. I have the flow from the manifold turned down pretty low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine does that too until it eventually stops. I think its where the needle valve is located. I'm moving mine to the sump to see if that helps

kain

Thats what I was thinking. Leaving the included pinch valve on the CaRx fully open and installing a needle valve inside the sump where the effluent line ends.

Mr V

Premium Member
Supporter
Thats the reason why some people are setting the constant flow instead of dripping.

kain

My fear is if I do that wouldnt my alk raise too much and too fast.

kain

Currently I have the pH set to a range of 6.85 and 6.75. I can raise it.

Did you ever figure it out? My problem was with the needle valve. I ended up using a 1 dollar airline valve and all my issues where solved.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
That's pretty high ph to be melting the media at, so I don't think running it fully open would be a good option. I would do a pinch valve or needle valve near the water enters the sump. Have it raised a few inches if not more above water level to also help with salt creep

Thanks Eve. I ordered a needle valve. Ive been running it in a semi stream and I can already tell its starting to slow down. Hopefully the needle valve helps.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
this same thing happens to me. Last time I topped off my reactor with media, I turned the feed pump off and had the drip where I wanted but next day, it slowed so I opened a little more and then next day it slowed again so I opened it a little more and then finally I get a consistent flow. I think you just have to give it time to settle and give it 1/2 a day before you make a change again.

I got tired of the effluent slowing down on me after about a week, so I finally purchased a masterflex. All in all, I got a really good deal on the pump. It came with an easy load head that supports size 17 tubing. Its been about 2 weeks now and things have been stable. The pump wasnt cheap but Im super happy with it.

five.five-six

2020 Philanthropist
I got tired of the effluent slowing down on me after about a week, so I finally purchased a masterflex. All in all, I got a really good deal on the pump. It came with an easy load head that supports size 17 tubing. Its been about 2 weeks now and things have been stable. The pump wasnt cheap but Im super happy with it.

Thats why I keep hearing and probably what I will end up doing.

Currently I am dooing OK with a ball valve on my output running a fairly high drip rate; lucky I guess

When you setup a masterflex, be sure to have it sucking from the CARX as opposed to feeding it. That pump makes enough presure to literally explode your reactor if the output gets clogged

Latest posts