User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Member
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What does Vibrant do for Cyano, Lazy and I want your take? I have a couple areas that crop up worse when my GFO is old that would like to get rid of!

Name
    David
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virbrant gets rid of the common hair algae, macro algae, brush algae, but once the algae dies off it releases some no3 po4 or what ever it consumes. Once algae is gone coral will take up nutrients from the die off if you don't have enough corals it becomes cyano. When that happens I just do a lights out for 2-3 days to keep cyano down while your corals feed off the extra nutrients and hopefully your skimmer
    Life is boring

112 GAl LeeMar Starphire 48x30x18, AA 50 gal custom sump, Vertex 180i, Tunze 6025, Jebao PP-8,RW-15, Waveline 6000 DC and backup reefoctopus varios6, Tunze Osmolator, BRS Doser, Kessil 360WE, Sb Reef Lights 16" and sbars for supplements, Apex Controller

OG SocaliReefer

3. Likes lowbudget, orbela liked this post
    Contributing Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
    I’ve never heard this before.
    Wiped out my pod population in my current set up. Used before without side effects but this time it did. After it happened I did a search and found others in past posts saying the same thing. I will add I use Ultra Life, not Chemiclean.

Contributing Member
    Name
    Orbel
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djrice69 View Post
    Virbrant gets rid of the common hair algae, macro algae, brush algae, but once the algae dies off it releases some no3 po4 or what ever it consumes. Once algae is gone coral will take up nutrients from the die off if you don't have enough corals it becomes cyano. When that happens I just do a lights out for 2-3 days to keep cyano down while your corals feed off the extra nutrients and hopefully your skimmer
    So would your recommend remove. The macroapgae before hand? Then dosing vibrant after I’ll the die of put back the macro to consume the nutrients?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes djrice69 liked this post
    Name
    David
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orbela View Post
    So would your recommend remove. The macroapgae before hand? Then dosing vibrant after I’ll the die of put back the macro to consume the nutrients?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yup should remove it
    Life is boring

112 GAl LeeMar Starphire 48x30x18, AA 50 gal custom sump, Vertex 180i, Tunze 6025, Jebao PP-8,RW-15, Waveline 6000 DC and backup reefoctopus varios6, Tunze Osmolator, BRS Doser, Kessil 360WE, Sb Reef Lights 16" and sbars for supplements, Apex Controller

OG SocaliReefer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information