Whats everyones fave phosphate test kit?

Whats everyones fave phosphate test kit?

Just curious what people love, I use Hannah but not sure how specific it is. Been getting weird readings and wanting to make a switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hands down Hanna checker. Some prefer the phorphorus checker for reading extra low levels. It's supposed to be more accurate. I'm fine with the regular one though myself.

Hands down Hanna checker. Some prefer the phorphorus checker for reading extra low levels. It's supposed to be more accurate. I'm fine with the regular one though myself.
I hear ya, I just hate the packets and getting all the powder out perfectly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
Ultra low Hanna if you keep sps.

I watched YouTube videos over and over from Hanna to get the technique down for the exact water level in the vial and how to fold the packet. Still better than other test imo

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah, the packets can be a little bit of a pain. I found it a lot easier if you fold the bottom sealed part along the open part of the packet so the opening fits right into the vial. It also helps to fill up both vials with tank water and mix the powder into one before starting the test. Getting the sir bubbles out is the other pain. Bet yeah, still better and easier than other tests. I like an exact read out of my phos level. Not a guesstimate between level increments.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
This may be common knowledge but I always poured out of the side of the packet and struggled with my hanna kit. I cut it on the line now and push the corners in like old milk carton and pour like this:

Haven't been having a spill issue since.

Hope that helps. I use the 713 LR phosphate but always seem to get a zero reading. I'll probably be getting the UR kit down the line.

Hanna checker hands down. All other tests make you guess and the colors are too close. I just wish they made a Magnesium and a Nitrate checker

Definitely Hanna. I use the ULR version.

As others have said, the packets are annoying but you can greatly reduce the amount of headache by using both vials (1 for the zero of the meter and 1 for mixing of reagent) as well as doing the folding method that Smite posted.

Dave57

I personally like the Hanna ULR phosphorous checker. I believe they just came out with the ULR phosphate checker.

Latest posts