Is my anemone dead.

My puffer fish died during my 3 days business trip. Now my anemone looks like dead too. Can anyone tell me if my anemone is dead?

Thanks a lot!

Br Mattias

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
They're typically pretty resilient. My Rose anemone looked like that for a few days right before it split into 3. Just keep an eye on it and maybe change the flow a little where it's at. Keep us posted.

Good thing to do is this case is do a good size water change, as large as you can, and run some carbon. Also add some Seachem Prime to neutralize the ammonia which may be present from the dead puffer. Keep an eye on the Anemone. Can be very toxic to have it die in the tank. If you see it start to disintegrate, then sick it out and all the gunk around it with a good straight into a bucket. Don't try to get it out it will make a mess.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Oberizzle

As long as your anemone is still attached to the rock then you are fine. It does look irritated though based off of the picture I'm a +1 on the Carbon. I have used it before and it works great. Water change is good because it helps anemone flush out toxins. It sounds like the puffer may have contaminated.

Hopefully the puffer didnt release any toxins, but looks like it didnt nuke your tank if it wouldve. Keep an eye on it and maybe try feeding it if youve got the chance. A gaping mouth is never a good sign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts