Kessil repair

So one of my Kessil a360WE light just stopped working last week. Checked adaptor and it's supplying power but light wont turn on. So I opened it up cleaned up all the dust and found one of the fuse/resistor on the circuit board is blown. It's labeled D2...near the inner edge in the pic. Contacted Kessil support and they basically said there's no fixing it and offered a new light for $250.
I'm wondering if anyone who knows how to fix it or where to buy the part?? Thanks!
20180124_082224.jpg
20180124_081616.jpg

Jump it and hope you do not let the smoke out, very hard to get the smoke back in a circuit board:)

Congratulations Eric on identifying the failed part! That's a step in the right direction. Problem is we live in a disposable society where everybody's solution to a failed item is replace instead of repair. I had to contact Reef breeders 5 times about a blown out part. I never got a part # but I got specs and my uncle (who built his own computers back in the day) found me a comparable part. SOMEBODY designed it. There's gotta be a schematic diagram somewhere.

Thanks guys for the inputs. Yeah I didn't think I can get that part anywhere. Even if I do it would be near impossible to solder it on to the board without frying something else :/ it's so small I have to put on magnifying glass to see it.
Kessil support said they can fix it but it would cost more than buying a new light lol.

djrice69

SocaliReef M0DERAT0R IG Farmedfrags
Staff member
2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
Is it still under warranty?

Latest posts