No Cal Tax Coupon Code Not Working

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
Hello,

I tried placing an order today an the NOCALTAX code did not work. Is it still a valid code?
Hi mic209. Looks like your message came through Friday evening after we left for the weekend. Sorry we missed it! Did you place your order? I am happy to take a look at it.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

BeanMachine

Supporter
I've heard that some of the other online reef retail sites are beginning to charge sales tax depending on the state. At some point CA will be included in that.

Yeah, Marine Depot is messing up. I just ordered from their competitor because the NOCALTAX code is no longer in use.

Yeah, Marine Depot is messing up. I just ordered from their competitor because the NOCALTAX code is no longer in use.
I agree. I now order most my stuff from BRS. MD's free shipping is very slow and most times I get stuff shipped free from BRS at about the same rate as I would from MD even though they have a warehouse in NV.

And there is no such thing as "tax free" in California. The tax was incorporated into the retail price of the product even if we didn't pay the tax. Somebody's gotta eat the cost and pay Uncle Sam, one way or another...

I agree. I now order most my stuff from BRS. MD's free shipping is very slow and most times I get stuff shipped free from BRS at about the same rate as I would from MD even though they have a warehouse in NV.

And there is no such thing as "tax free" in California. The tax was incorporated into the retail price of the product even if we didn't pay the tax. Somebody's gotta eat the cost and pay Uncle Sam, one way or another...
I placed an order with them last week thinking it would have shipped from NV but it actually shipped from GA. It took over a week to get here. If I knew that I could have ordered from some place else or went to my LFS.

either BRS OR MD state at time of checkout - available from east coast or west coast warehouses. If it says east coast i go elsewhere to shop.

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
I placed an order with them last week thinking it would have shipped from NV but it actually shipped from GA. It took over a week to get here. If I knew that I could have ordered from some place else or went to my LFS.
We are sorry this occurred. I am happy to take a deeper look if you would like to supply your order #. I presume what happened is one or more items in your order were not in stock in the warehouse location closest to you and our shipping calculator determined the most cost-effective way to ship the order was to send it all from a single location. I wouldn't know for sure without taking a closer look but I do apologize for the long transit time.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Latest posts