Another Crash?

So I have another crash today no corals other than the one sps couple days ago. So today I see all my shrimp, copepods and snail just dead. The cleaner shrimp had this black strips developing a couple of days ago.

Weirdest thing. Happen once before when I added my black Hawaiian sand. Only thing I could think was that I removed the Red Sea NOPOX? I havent tested yet as I ran out of nitrate, nitrite, and other beginning test kits. Will take a sample tomorrow to my LFS. I am thinking maybe my Nitrates shot up when I took the NOPOX offline.
All the fish and coral my hammer and LPS seem to be loving the water right now they are all extended and fat. Im get a sample then do a water change.
What you guys think it was?

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
So I have another crash today no corals other than the one sps couple days ago. So today I see all my shrimp, copepods and snail just dead. The cleaner shrimp had this black strips developing a couple of days ago.

Weirdest thing. Happen once before when I added my black Hawaiian sand. Only thing I could think was that I removed the Red Sea NOPOX? I havent tested yet as I ran out of nitrate, nitrite, and other beginning test kits. Will take a sample tomorrow to my LFS. I am thinking maybe my Nitrates shot up when I took the NOPOX offline.
All the fish and coral my hammer and LPS seem to be loving the water right now they are all extended and fat. Im get a sample then do a water change.
What you guys think it was?
Isn't your tank small?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Another? It's only your inverts. Do a study/search on "what kills inverts only" in aquarium. May have to sift through a few posts on other sites that pop up.

Another? It's only your inverts. Do a study/search on "what kills inverts only" in aquarium. May have to sift through a few posts on other sites that pop up.
I think it due tobtaking off the carbon dosing off line. The test will tell me what it was

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
Any updates on the water parameter. Makes me nervous since Im using NOPOX on my 300 and the bottle gets depleted pretty quickly. Hoping I can catch it in time to replace each time

probably right, spike when you stopped dosing. Nopox if very effective.
Yes it was the Nitrate that shot up and phosphates. It amazing to see how fast they went in a matter of days. Its good stuff should of slowly taken it off line. Another reminder to take it slow.

Any updates on the water parameter. Makes me nervous since Im using NOPOX on my 300 and the bottle gets depleted pretty quickly. Hoping I can catch it in time to replace each time

Yes my nitrates shot up and just caused a the mini crash. Lucky it wasnt much damage. Couple water changes and reduce feeding has helped a lot. Hopefully I can seed my pods again.

Latest posts