Frag tank setup plumbed to main tank ????

Reefarific

So i have my 75 gallon tank just got a 20 gallon long and want to hook these up to each other.So my 75 has a whole on the top i want to put pipe in there to take water out to put in frag tank.From there it will flow down through the overflow aqua masters and in the sump from the sump i will have the return go to my main tank sump does that sound safe and ok.PLEASE GIVE ANY INPUT ON HOW TO PLUM THESE TOGETHER ONE ACRYLIC SUMP DRILLED WITH BULK HEAD AND THE OTHER IS GLASS NOT DRILLED. 2018-01-13 01.49.14.jpg 2018-01-13 22.39.02.jpg 2018-01-13 01.49.01.jpg

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a small frag tank plumbed right into my display tank. I have my main return T'd off feeding the frag tank and the frag tank overflow going back into the main sump. I don't have a separate sump for the frag tank. (I didn't think that would be useful). My concern was what if the power goes out? Will 220 gallons of water back siphon into my frag tank?? I tested it and no it doesn't. Whatever water siphons into the frag tank flows right down the overflow and back into the sump.
So far, it's worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive been wanting to add a frag tank to my system. Can anyone else add some photos of how they did theirs?

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
I split off from the main return and ran it to the frag tank. The overflow dumps back into the main sump. The power actually went off yesterday and everything was ok. No flood!

Latest posts