T5 question for those with cube tanks

I have a 60 gallon cube, 24x24x24. I want to ditch my LEDs and switch back to T5. I'm looking at grow fixtures because they have a larger spread area than the aquatic ones. Would a 24" fixture, 13" front to back, be enough coverage for my tank? My corals are upper mid level down to the sand and in the front 2/3s of the tank.
60 Cube 24.jpg

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
I have a 60 gallon cube, 24x24x24. I want to ditch my LEDs and switch back to T5. I'm looking at grow fixtures because they have a larger spread area than the aquatic ones. Would a 24" fixture, 13" front to back, be enough coverage for my tank? My corals are upper mid level down to the sand and in the front 2/3s of the tank.
View attachment 60179
How many bulbs does it come with?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
4 bulbs. It's the best option I can find. A 6 bulb would be nice, but haven't found one yet. Even if it had 6, I'd likely use a couple of those blue LED tubes that fit in the T5 fixture.
4 bulbs is plenty for the type of coral you have now. You sometimes can find good deals on Ati fixtures.

4 bulbs is plenty for the type of coral you have now. You sometimes can find good deals on Ati fixtures.

Thank you Noah. My last tank had T5s, but the 4 bulb covered my entire tank. Where in the world do you find deals on ATI fixtures? I'm trying to figure out how to mount the grow light. I decided on that because of the wider spread and only being about $70 for the fixture. I've looked at JBJ and such, but those are even narrower at like 8".

Thank you Noah. My last tank had T5s, but the 4 bulb covered my entire tank. Where in the world do you find deals on ATI fixtures? I'm trying to figure out how to mount the grow light. I decided on that because of the wider spread and only being about $70 for the fixture. I've looked at JBJ and such, but those are even narrower at like 8".
From where are you purchasing the grow lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think 8" front to back would be inadequate? I found 2 Aquatic Life dual T5s, but I thing they are only 4" each. I'm not using a canopy as of now either.The front to back length is why I figure a grow light is better. I do have a couple nems that sit in the back half of the tank, but I can leave my LEDs on the back half for them.

From good friends lol my buddy just sold me his ati sunpower dimmable 24" X6 bulbs for $200. Definitely made me ditch the radion, didn't really dig it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

From good friends lol my buddy just sold me his ati sunpower dimmable 24" X6 bulbs for $200. Definitely made me ditch the radion, didn't really dig it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thanks for rubbing that one in my face lol. Nice score!! I've been looking everywhere like crazy. SD forum as well. I'm in San Clemente, which is basically BFE smack dab in between OC and SD.